#4 getting on nerves

Voted as the top choice of on-site voters for "The stage that I want to see again

Voted as the top choice of on-site voters for "The stage that I want to see again." Followed by additional chances to perform at STUDIO CHOOM and M Countdown. It felt like a lie to think that he had done well enough to deserve all the benefits. Things were so overwhelming that Jongwoo was not simply amazed, but also felt a heart-wrenching pain from his chest being too full.

At the starting point of this fantasy unfolding, there was Jiwoong. If Jiwoong hadn't squeezed him into the Backdoor team, where would Jongwoo have gone to perform on what kind of stage? Or if Jiwoong had said, "We should also consider the on-site voting. Wouldn't it be better for the entire team if a popular trainee takes it?" when Jongwoo volunteered for the killing part.

Of course, Jongwoo would have done his best no matter where he was. He could say that with confidence. But the possibility of his working hard being broadcasted was slim to none. What does it mean if he is the only one, knowing he has done his best? A grand big total of nothing.

He might feel proud of himself, but it doesn't mean anything in this program where the ultimate goal is to be selected for the debut team. He would have been just forgotten and disappeared like that. The person who grabbed Jongwoo's nape and pulled him up to stand on solid ground, away from the creepy cliff, was Jiwoong.

Jongwoo realized that the feeling of gratitude is so heavy. It was too difficult to express in just a few words. If he could as he wished, Joogwoo would run to Jiwoong, kneel down, and sob to thank him for saving him.

But what good is that? The important thing is not how grateful he is, but how he can repay the favor. What kind of help can I, who could be eliminated in the next Survivor announcement, offer to him, who is in the top three? No matter how much he thought about it, no great ideas came to mind. So, Jongwoo just kept hovering around Jiwoong, waiting for an opportunity.

The trainees gathered in a gymnasium with a banner that read "Best Partner Selection Competition."

"When I was quite depressed, this guy made me stay bright. I feel like, if I stay with him, he would fill in my weaknesses," Kamden said, choosing Jiwoong as his desired partner.

What a grandiose speech, thought Joongwoo, feeling a twinge of jealousy as Kamden 's words accurately represented his feelings towards Jiwoong that he was not able to convey. Although he liked the fact that everyone else also admired and relied on Jiwoong, he couldn't help but feel a bit resentful.

Jiwoong, who had been smiling mysteriously at Kamden 's confession, chose another trainee instead, telling that he had originally chosen Kamden but changed his mind. This unexpected turn surprised Jongwoo almost as much as Kamden.

He couldn't understand why, but one thing became clear: Jiwoong doesn't tolerate when people overreact or do unnatural things. Looking back, that has been Jiwoong's way from the very beginning, Jongwoo realized. Although Jiwoong makes a lot of silly jokes, he never does anything too extreme or out of character.

Jongwoo remembered how Jiwoong had looked serious when he had pretended to lean in for a kiss, and his face turned red with embarrassment. He promised himself never to act so recklessly and wildly again, including making a fuss about thanking Jiwoong for letting him join the team.

In the second round, Jongwoo and Christian were chosen to face Gunwook and Hao. Jiwoong laughed along with the other trainees around him, but he felt uneasy, knowing that there was a significant weight difference between the two teams.

He also didn't like the idea of having only a few mats as safety measures, worried about what would happen if Jongwoo got hurt or embarrassed. The production team would mercilessly replay the scene at least 3 times like it is the biggest joke to crack on.

Jongwoo shouldn't get hurt.. because.. because they need to do additional filming as a team at STUDIO CHOOM and M Countdown. But, wait, what am I thinking? Of course, people shouldn't get hurt. Not only Jongwoo but anyone. Why am I looking for reasons now?

Jiwoong found himself feeling absurd as he tried to come up with a 'legitimate' reason to worry about Jongwoo. Isn't it obvious that Jongwoo shouldn't get hurt? Because.. Just the thought of that possibility made his heart feel constricted, and he stopped thinking there.

Strange, he thought, feeling breathless and uneasy. Jiwoong closed his eyes tightly.

He no longer followed the others in laughing at Gunwook's provocation to walk out while they can. Despite his worries, Jongwoo played the game smartly. He first pushed Jhang Hao, who was on the boundary of the mat and then faced Gunwook one-on-one. Jiwoong watched them closely, without moving a muscle, holding tightly onto his knees.

Jongwoo quickly lowered his center of gravity and rushed towards Gunwook, pushing him away. Finally, Jiwoong could relax and laugh out loud. That's my boy, I was worried for no reason. Jongwoo is good at any physical activities. He used to be an athlete, in both skating and swimming. It was a complete mystery why he worried so much about Jongwoo and burned himself out.

Jiwoong furrowed his brows slightly at Gunwook's jokes about being polite as a K group member, saying that he can't dare to push out Jongwoo as Jongwoo is older than him.

What nonsense. You were gritting your teeth the whole time, weren't you? Then you got pushed all the way through as you couldn't throw Joongwoo out in the end although you tried to do so.

But Jongwoo, who actually won with his skill, thanked Gunwook for his generosity instead of delivering a biting retort. He's such a nice person, Jiwoong thought. But for some reason, he doesn't feel satisfied with it.

* Writer's notes: Thank you for reading! If you have enjoyed the story, please consider voting for Jongwoo and Jiwoong. Jongwoo particularly seems to need more support as he switched the song at the last minute and I'm not sure if he got the best song for him at this critical moment.