Chapter 5: A New Lifestyle

"Are you joking? You have to be kidding me!" I yell.

"No, I mean it."

"Do you not listen to me when I tell you revenge won't fix anything!"

"It's avenge, and she's my little sister I abandoned her and because of that some guy stole everything from her and killed her, if I don't do anything about it, I'd be worst brother than I already am!" He clinches his teeth and his fist.

"If you're really going down a revenge path, I'm not going to stay with you anymore, I'm not dealing with that, especially after how much I've warned you about it!"

"That's fine, I just... I need to do this."

"Didn't you learn anything from Helbram? Revenge just tears you apart in the end because it's never enough!" King looks away from me holding chastiefol.

"I won't go on a killing spree, I promise that."

"Stop being stupid!" He starts floating and quickly gets out of my reach.

"I'm sorry, I'll come find you once I'm done, I just really do need to do this, there's a human village south of here, I suggest you go there."

"King! Don't even think about l-" He quickly flies away leaving me shocked, angry, and now alone. I clinch my teeth as I grab my scythe from the ground and start running towards the direction, he went but it didn't take long for me to give up knowing I already lost his trace. "Damnit!" I recklessly swing my scythe out of anger, my chest started hurting and I collapse to the ground. I grab my chest and I start slowly breathing trying to calm myself down. "It's fine, it's fine, it'll be okay, you've been alone before it's nothing new." I sit up for a moment before plopping onto my back and just staring into the sky for a while trying to calm down.

I don't know how long I was laying there but by the time I got up it was sunset. I sigh, "he said south, right?" I reluctantly start heading south. "That jerk, he really did just leave me." I grind my teeth thinking about it.

By the time I came across a village it was already sunrise. I didn't get any sleep, but I was still so upset about King leaving me that I wasn't thinking about how tired I was. It's a somewhat small village, I wonder the streets as the people are getting up and heading to their jobs. I started looking for someone who didn't look like they were in a rush as well as looking for an inn to stay at.

After walking around for a while I've kind of given up until I'm stopped.

"You look lost." A firm male voice startles me. I turn around to see a knight with light pink hair, he has a suspicious look on his face, like he doesn't trust me.

"Mhm, I just got here, I'm a bit of a traveler I guess, you wouldn't happen to know if this village has an inn, would you?" The longer I stare at his face the more familiar it seems. I almost recognize it, but I can't place my finger on it.

"A traveler? I suppose that's what that weapon's for?"

"Weapon...? Oh! This was a gift to me by someone." I softly smile at him. So that's why he approached me isn't it? Because I have a pretty big weapon on my back, huh?

"Planning on using it?" I shake my head at his question.

"Only if someone attacks me." I innocently lock my hands behind me while giving a closed eye smile. I open my eyes and his expression is still untrustful, almost glaring now. "Back to my question please, do you know if there's an inn in this village?" He stares at me for a moment before sighing.

"What is your name?"

"Why does that matter?"

"You're going to ignore a holy knight's question?"