Chapter 6: A New Kingdom

(Extra-long chapter since I want to be at Liones by chapter 7)

"A boy king? Really? How old do you consider a boy to be?" I tilt my head, adding a playful smile to the interesting customer.

"14, pretty young to be ruling your own kingdom, ay?" The interesting man says as he nudges his friend's shoulder.

"Only managed to do it cause of that mage of his." His friend says before taking a sip of his ale.

"A mage?" I playfully ask with a laugh.

"Yep, sure does." the friend responds.

"Only rumors." The guy scoffs.

"And where's this boy king's kingdom?" I ask.

"I think it's north of here, maybe a 2-day horse ride." The guy says.

"Hm, interesting might need to check it out, heh, heh!" I smile walking away. Looks like I found my next place!

As I finally am considered to be in this boy king's kingdom, I can't help but to admire it. For a 14-year-old, this is a pretty impressive kingdom, for a kingdom it's kind of sad though, pretty small but I'm curious on how it'll grow. Not very secure walls but he tried I suppose. Probably no tavern here yet, too small for things like that. Just looking around as I ride Lil throughout the villages towards the castle, well, that was until a very 'nice' knight thought I was suspicious and decided to stop me.

"Sorry miss but you can't be bringing something like that in here." The annoying knight says with a very 'nice' voice.

"It's a gift from someone who's now passed away I've never used it, you can touch the blade to see if I'm lying, as a knight you should know blades dull as you use them. And I don't plan to, I don't want to ruin it." I say with a sympathetic inducing kind of voice.

"And what is it you're here to do?"

"I'm a traveler, so when you hear rumors about a boy king and a mage by his side you get curious about it." I softly smile at him.

"Sorry, King Arthur and Lady Merlin aren't seeing anyone today, their very busy!" Merlin!? So, it is her! I can't hide my excitement. I know my entire face lit up because his expression changed greatly.

"Lady Merlin? Really? She's the mage by his side?" My voice can't even hide my enthusiasm.

"Uh, y-yes?" He mumbles the word yes.

"Me and her are great friends! Hoenstly I never thought I'd see her again! So, this is where she disappeared to!?" The knight sighs, clearly not finding any hint in my excitement that I'm lying and he's clearly not happy about it either.

"If you're lying about knowing her, I'm arresting you." I couldn't wipe the smile off my face even with that threat. If King recognized me then of course she will! I happily nod and follow him to the castle, leaving Lil outside we go inside.

We went through a few halls before ending up in the throne room which yeah, had a boy king sitting in it. The knight bows down on one knee before speaking.

"M'lord, this... Lady wanted to meet you, she's a traveler." He sounds very annoyed. The boy acted very childish to this, he got excited. He leaves shortly after saying this.

"Whoa, really!? I-I didn't think Camlet would be worth visiting for a traveler. Surly there's better places, right?" He gets up and walks towards me, he's so enthusiastic, honestly, he's matching my energy right now.

"Really? Not worth visiting? So far this is the best kingdom I've ever been too, and I've been to about all of them!" I have a playful smile on my face while he completely lights up.