Chapter 6: The bard's perspective

Hello again, here we are with a new chapter, this time from Raine's pov! I figured we should hear what Raine has to say about all this drama..right? hehe yeah :3

Also.. Introducing Raine's parents, Since we don't know who their parents are I took the liberty of giving them names and all.. This is just my headcanon, please don't come at me for it your parents headcanons are just as valued <3

Let's go! Have fun :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

...

Raine couldn't do much but sitting there with their mouth open, not knowing what to say. They shut their mouth again and lowered their head, placing it on their folded arms on the table.

Why did the teacher grab the note? Raine was trying to explain why they just took the credit, they wanted to apologise to Eda for leaving her behind. This stupid note could've prevented all of this. Now their best friend hates them.

'Then again, Eda had no reason to be like this right?' The bard thought to themself. It's not like she owns them. But they have been friends for a long time now and Raine was aware of their own feelings for Eda. 'Ughh why does this need to be so complicated?'

Later the day Raine went to have lunch. They saw the red-haired witch sitting all alone at a table and in their mind, they asked themself if they should go sit with her, despite their little quarrel.

Just as Raine was about to head towards Eda, that annoying bard girl showed up right in front of them and grabbed their arm. Before they could react, she dragged the mint haired witch to a different lunch table.

"Soo, Rainey... I was thinking, maybe we could go out after school? Maybe go to the cinema?"

'When did that girl start calling them Rainey?' The bard thought, not really paying any attention to the quirky girl. Not that it mattered because Raine was only focused on getting back to Eda. Maybe at Grudgeby practise they can get a chance to talk to her...

"Hello, are you listening to me Rainey?" The girl positioned herself right in Raine's field of sight. The bard exhaled exhaustedly and looked at her.

"Sorry, what?"

The girl frowned over the obvious lack of interest from the bard.

"I asked if you wanted to join me to the cinema after school?"

"Oh uhm sorry l can't I... I got plans" Raine stuttered, trying not to loose sight of Eda.

The girl - by the way the most dramatic girl Rainer had ever seen, even more dramatic than Eda - let herself fall onto the bench and pretended to cry.

"Aww man, I thought we could sepend some time together" she blinked at Raine. They figured she wanted to look cute but to Raine she appeared like a baby trash slug...

"Maybe some other time" They tried to calm her down and it seemed to work. Her head bolted up and she grinned.

"Great! It's a date then!" She started shoving food into her mouth happily.

'Yup. Trash slug' They thought

The next moment they looked over to check on Eda she was gone. The bard face palmed themself mentally and groaned.

Later the day they faked a headache to get out of violin practise... It's not like they needed it anyways. Now they roamed around the Grudgeby field to look for her friend to set things straight.

'She must be here somewhere' The bard thought right before hearing someone shout "Eda, watch out!" Raine ran as fast as they could, only to find Eda laying on the ground, her face covered in blood and a grudgeby ball rolling around her head until someone caught it.