Part 4

Signus POV

These girls are going to be the death of me. Why you may ask. Simple. Its been 3 days and Luz just threw a fireball at me with a training staff. By accident. Maybe, I hope. Ava. That lightning was absolutely on purpose with how I've been teasing her about her little crush. "Sorry!" Luz screams and Ava laughs. "Its alright Luz don't worry about it. And Ava, HEADS UP!" I blast a shockwave at her catching her off guard and it launches her into the wall. "Two can play this game kid." Ava stands on wobbly legs and I decide we've had enough training for today.

"Alright that's enough for today. We've got your entry test tomorrow Ava. And Luz. You did splendid with your spellcasting considering it was your first time. You can't cast magic without a focus medium yet. I have a plan to work around that but so long as you keep practising you'll be able to tap into your magic naturally without one, eventually." I tell them and they both seem happy about this. Luz puts the staff on a stand by the wall and Ava heads to the exit.

We've been training all day but the previous two days were spent on academic theory so that Luz can learn how magic works. She picks up on this fast. It's like magic is speaking to her somehow. I'm probably imagining it. 

Once we are back inside we see that Eda has already made dinner. "I'm guessing training is going well." She states as we take our seats. "Yes Ava is a very experienced magic user but doesn't have full mastery of her power yet so she cant be considered an Adept rank sorceress yet. But Luz on the other hand she is learning fast like it comes naturally to her." I tell her in a hushed tone as the kids talk and eat.

The next morning

Ava and I are currently in the school so that she can take her entry test. "Now Miss Bellarmina would you please demonstrate your magic capability's." Bump asks as we are seated in the audience while Ava pulls out a violin and begins playing a random tune. The whole room lights up in an flaming orange aura. She then conjures flaming dragonflies both small ones the size of normal ones to circle around her and two large ones around her height to fly around the auditorium. She then has the large dragonflies explode in a burst of light making lightning arc between the balls of light in the same tune as the song she is playing. She then stops playing as she reaches the end of the song letting everything go back to normal. 

"Now that was the most impressive performance I have ever seen. Ava Bellarmina welcome to Hexside." Bump states and I smile as Ava jumps into the air in celebration. I look behind me and notice little Augustus recording the whole thing. He notices me and I give him a nod. He then leaves the room most likely to spread the news of Ava's success. I also see a blushing Willow by the door and give her a wave and she runs away flustered. 'Oh I am so using that on Ava.' 

As Ava and I leave the school I decide to tell her about her friends watching. "Your little crush and Augustus were watching. And I must say I didn't know you could make a girl go that shade of crimson." Ava's face becomes a few shades darker herself but she dawns a smile as she realizes that Willow enjoyed her performance. "You really should go for it. I can see the two of you as a lovely couple." I encourage her and she looks up at me with a grateful smile. "Thank you father." I give her a side hug in response before we take off flying towards the Owl House. When we get back we have a small celebration for Ava.

The next day

I am currently on my way to a fashion designers store because they saw me in town the other day and are curios about my clothes. How they found out where I'm staying is beyond me. They want to know if I have other designs that they can utilize for their new line of style. I don't really know how to say it I just make my clothes and am done with it. But they want to make a profit out of it and share in the fortune and glory as the letter stated.