Part 5

Signus POV

It's been a few days since the covention and I have been taking it easy. It helps that Eda, Ava, Luz and King haven't gotten into any shenanigans. Honestly they are magnets for trouble. Also I have plans tonight because of a certain dark haired witch sending me an invitation to a exclusive restaurant as an apology for the duel the other day.

I have decided to accept so I'm going through my wardrobe looking for a proper suit. "No not this one, too much white. No the blue patterns are too flashy. No the silver will clash with my eyes. Ah ha, perfect!" I finally find the right one, but I still have one problem. What are Lilith's favourite flowers?

I'll need to ask Eda. As I head downstairs I hear the other occupants of the house gathered in the living room. Witches usually call it a den, but because the house is literally alive we're calling it that. Eda is playing a game of Hexes hold'em against her palisman Owlbert. She stopped playing against me because of my experience in card games and my poker face let me win every time.

"Now watch closely, Luz, Ava. Hexes hold'em is the most tricky game on the Boiling Isles." Ava looks uninterested as she is doing her homework on bard magic while Luz and King pay close attention to the game. Looks like Owlbert is winning. "Any proper witch knows how to play."

Luz actually seems interested, huh, I should teach her the card games I used to play back when I was a pirate. I'll stay away from strip poker though. Camilla would mount my head on her wall if she ever found out about that. "Oh, boy. Cards. The paper rectangles that old people think are fun." I take slight offence to that but Eda surprisingly does not react. Ava snickers looking between me and Eda.

Eda places down a card and they spark with magical energy. Owlbert jumps back in order to avoid getting hit by it while Eda holds a look of excitement. I think she may be a bit addicted to the game. Owlbert's deck pushes back Eda's and she explains one of the rules to Luz. "Now when it looks like the deck is stacked against you, that's when you pull out the wild card." She lifts a card with a tower on it causing Owlbert's deck to ignite in flames.

The flames then spell out the words "WINNER EDA" and she celebrates after Owlbert bows to her with a hoot accepting his loss. "Whoo! I win. In your adorable owl face." As she celebrates feathers start to grow on her arms signaling her curse coming out. "I love the feeling of victory. It feels fluffy?" I facepalm as I realize this is going to sidetrack me. 

"Hell no!" Ava jumps off of the couch she is sitting on and runs up to me so that she can hide behind me. Luz only backs up to the armrest of the large couch while pointing at Eda. "Ah, Eda, it's happening again." Eda looks to them confused. "What's happening again?" King who is now hanging off of the couch's other armrest responds to her while pointing at her feathers. "Your curse is returning." 

Eda shrieks as she sees the feathers on her arms and runs upstairs to find her elixir. 'Hang on. Did she remember to get more. I did remind her yesterday since she only had one left for this morning.' Me and the kids follow her and see her rummaging through her chest she keeps her elixir. However she pulls out only empty bottles.

"Oh, boy. This is terrible. I'm all out of elixir." I let out a small growl. "Dammit Eda, I told you yesterday morning to get some more when you told me you only had enough for this morning." Eda chuckles nervously as I gave her a stern talking to when she tore up the house trying to get the kids because she lost control and actually knocked out Ava. 

Luz then pulls out her phone to pull up a picture of Eda's beast form. "Last time this happened, you turned into this thing." Luz shows her the picture and Eda looks at it with intrigue. "I for one would like to avoid a potential concussion." Ava says from behind me as she does not want to be anywhere near cursed Eda.