Chapter 10: Caught

This chapter's going to get steamy~ nothing truly explicit happens, but be warned if you aren't okay with making out.

($u$)

Jed once again left the western display and headed to the Roman one. He was too excited to spend the night with Octavius; he didn't even think of looking behind him to see if he was being followed.

He quickly found his way to his boyfriend's place and went inside, knowing Octavius wouldn't care. Jedediah sat on the couch, waiting for Octavius to come in. Sure enough, he came in a few minutes later.

"Jedediah, you're here."

"Hell yeah, I am."

Octavius sat next to him, giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Ya missed."

"What?"

Jed leaned closer. "Ya missed."

"How would I—"

Jed interrupted him with a kiss. Octavius' heart soared, and he gladly kissed back. It was short and sweet. Octavius pouted when Jedediah pulled away, causing Jed to chuckle.

"I didn't realize ya wanted me so much."

Octavius rolled his eyes. "Shush and kiss me again."

"If ya say so."

Their lips once again met. This kiss lasted longer than the one before and slowly heated up as it went on. When they pulled away for air, Jed climbed into Oct's lap.

Octavius fiddled with Jed's vest, slowly unbuttoning it and throwing it to the side. Jed pressed his body against Oct's, a grin on his face.

This was the Jedediah that Octavius fell in love with. His grin was what made Octavius realize his feelings.

"I love you."

Jed stared at him. "I love ya too."

Octavius pressed his lips against Jed's, licking Jed's bottom lip for permission. Jed flushed but gave permission. Octavius slipped his tongue in, exploring every inch of Jed's mouth.

Quiet, whimpery moans came from Jed. It was like music.

The two were too distracted to notice someone's eyes on them from the window. The man watching them decided to put an end to this nonsense when Jed took off Oct's chest plate.

He angrily stormed inside and pulled Jedediah off Octavius. Jed yelped at the sudden contact and desperately held onto Octavius' hands. He didn't want this to happen.

"Jedediah, let go of him."

Jed went pale, and his eyes widened. He couldn't get any words out as he let go. He knew he was in trouble, and that scared him.

The next thing Jed knew, he was dragged out of his safe space. The mayor refused to let go of Jedediah's wrist, gripping it so tightly it hurt. He tried to free himself but couldn't.

Jedediah knew that Octavius was following them as he heard Octavius demand that Mayor Ross let go of him. People were starting to stare, which only made the situation worse.

The mayor didn't let go of Jedediah, dragging him back to their display. It was embarrassing and humiliating. Jed knew tears were coming from his eyes. Jed knew people were whispering about him.

Jed used his free hand to wipe his cheeks, then took off his hat, bowing his head in shame. He knew there was nothing he could do that was going to save him from his fate. He didn't want things to end, not now, not yet.

Jedediah was taken back to his display, Octavius still following. Once more, people stared and whispered. Jed didn't want any attention on him other than his lover's. They stopped in the middle of town, and the mayor finally let go of Jed.

"I am extremely disappointed in ya, sheriff."

Jed swallowed. "Sir, if ya would let—"

"Silence."

Jed flinched back and looked at the ground.

"What were you thinkin'?" 

"That I ain't happy with yer daughter," Jed mumbled.

"What was that?"

"I ain't happy with yer daughter."

"Why did ya choose her then?"

"'Cause I knew she won't mind it if I saw whoever I wanted."

Mayor Ross scoffed. "Ya have three choices. Remain with Roxanne an' put the Roman behind ya, get locked up in solitude with therapy to fix ya, or get hung."

"Why can't Jedediah be left alone?" Octavius cut in. "I see no reason why he must choose between love and life."

"Stay outta this. It ain't none of yer concern."

"Don't talk to him like that," Jed interjected. "Octy, go home. I can handle this."

"I'm not leaving you."

"Ya'll get hurt."

The two made eye contact, and Octavius sighed. He turned on his heels and left, praying to his gods that he could get to Larry to save Jed.