Drunken words

Ellie x reader - college au .

Description :Y/N and Ellie are ex's who are still in love with each other and use anger to hide their unforgotten feelings .

TW -vomit, alcohol, swearing .

It was exactly 6:43 pm and I was just finishing getting ready for a party that my roommate and best friend Dina had convinced me to go to. I had just finished my makeup and made my way over to my closest to pick out an outfit .I was just gonna wear a crop top and a pair of ripped jeans until Dina popped up from behind me and handed me a short tight fitting black dress .

"Put it on" Dina simply said as I grabbed the dress and held it up to take a closer look .

"No way, I just wanna be comfortable and I don't really feel like dressing up" I said while throwing the dress on my bed .

"Nuh-uh ,you haven't been out for a whole 3 weeks since your brutal break up with Ellie, you need to put yourself out there and let loose a little" Dina said whilst picking the dress up off my bed and handing it back to me with her brows furrowed.

Dina was right, I had barely left my dorm or been out since the breakup. It all happened so quickly. We had a stupid argument over something so unimportant that I couldn't even remember it, then that escalated with us both screaming at each other and saying hurtful things, then she broke down and told me to go and fuck myself and that she was done, I didn't even try to save the relationship I was too emotional, instead I just stormed out of the room. I was still heartbroken over the whole thing obviously, but now that it had almost been a month since it happened I was angry .

"Do you know what fuck it" I replied to Dina as I picked up the dress with a wide smile on my face .

"Yes, that's my girl!" Dina said as she put her heels on .

I put my dress on and admired myself in the mirror for a few seconds before heading out of my dorm room while linking arms with Dina .About 10 minutes later we arrived at a frat party.

Unsurprisingly the house was full, music was blasting and flashing lights illuminated every wall of the house .The smell of cheap liquor lingered in the air and in almost every room there were at least a couple of people making out.

"Come on, we didn't just come here to admire everybody else" Dina said as she pulled me out of my trance and led me to the kitchen .

"Shots?" I questioned as I grabbed a bottle of vodka and 2 shot glasses from the counter .

"You know me too well" Dina said with a smirk on her face as she grabbed the liquor off me and filled the shot glasses to the brim .

We quickly drank the shot and I cringed as the liquor burnt my throat and sent a shiver down my spine.

"We're not done yet" Dina said as she filled the shot glasses again .

About 10 minutes later me and Dina had drunk at least 3-4 shots each and we were both feeling slightly tipsy and were feeling extremely energetic and happy .

"Wanna go and dance?" I asked Dina with a hopeful look on my face .

Dina didn't reply, she just smiled before grabbing my hand and leading me to the crowded and loud living room where we began to dance around with dozens of other sweaty and drunken bodies .I danced for around about 10 minutes until I slowly shuffled away from Dina to go and grab another well needed drink .

As soon as I entered the kitchen I was faced with the person that I was desperately trying to forget about .I rolled my eyes and walked past Ellie, trying to act as if she was invisible. I began to pour myself a vodka and coke while slightly bobbing my head to the music that was playing to try to distract myself from her presence until she spoke .