prologue ~ midnight memories

Winnie McCoy was the exact embodiment of what would happen if you bottled up sunlight and molded it into a human

Winnie McCoy was the exact embodiment of what would happen if you bottled up sunlight and molded it into a human. Everyone she knew described her as bubbly, outgoing, and too good for her kind. She was a soc, but was so much different from everyone else. She was a soc that baked different kinds of pastries and handed them out to people that looked glum, no matter who they were.

Everyone loved Winnie, and everyone wanted to protect her from the harsh world as long as possible. For the longest time, they all tried to keep her away from greasers the best that they could. If someone saw one coming anywhere near her they found a way to get her to leave.

This however, didn't last long due to Winnie deciding she wanted to do something more with her life and start cleaning up the greaser's side of town.

It wasn't an easy task she gave herself, but she was determined to keep doing it. No matter how many times she was threatened or chased away from that side of town she always showed up the next week as if nothing happened. She walked around with a trash bag picking up littered items, or carrying a bucket full of cleaning supplies and would spend hours cleaning off every bad message written about them off the building, though she would never even dream of touching the art they had made themselves.

When she wasn't procrastinating doing her school work or cleaning up her town, she enjoyed painting. She poured every emotion she felt out into the canvas and turned it into a gorgeous representation. She painted flower meadows, portraits, and abstract art.

Her father encouraged her to do whatever she wanted to do, and that included doing whatever she could to make the greasers feel welcomed. That's why she loved him so much.

Despite the hardships of cleaning up that side of town, there were benefits. Besides the obvious, she was doing what she knew was right, there were a few greasers that always thanked her or kept her company while she worked.

There was one boy in particular that would wait for her at the part of town that separated the two sides. He was quite easily the funniest boy that she had ever met. She enjoyed his company quite an extraordinary amount.

He's asked her on dates a few times, but Winnie always said no. Not because she didn't like him that way because she certainly did, but because she was afraid of what would happen if someone saw them together. She didn't want socs coming after him even if he could handle himself like he said he could.

But after a particularly harsh day, she realizes that if she doesn't take her chance now, she'll never have that chance.

There was one thing she knew for sure, dating Two-bit Matthews would certainly be an adventure.

Winnifred 'Winnie' McCoyportrayed by young Madchen Amick

portrayed by young Madchen Amick

Winnifred 'Winnie' McCoyportrayed by young Madchen Amick

A/N: My introductory page is normally a lot better but I simply don't have the energy or motivation to do what I used to. I started this a lot time ago and plan to finish soon hopefully. It probably won't do well because no one likes The Outsiders anymore but I wanted to write it