Chapter 4

I had no idea how long I'd been out. Waking up in the hospital wing within my first week hadn't exactly been on my bucket list. My eyesight was still blurred slightly and blinking heavily did nothing to improve it. Looking around the wing I could see that the other bed's were almost all empty. There was one other patient on the furthest side of the room from me. I couldn't make out who the other student was, thanks to my hazed eyes. I couldn't remember anything after passing out in Hogsmede. Either Sebastian and Ominis had had to carry me back to the castle or one of them had gone to get help from the faculty. I could feel my mind begin to race, trying to explain what had happened to get me to a state where I spontaneously passed out from seemingly nothing. Had Fig heard about what happened? Did everyone know?

I need to see Fig right now.

I lifted my head, a sharp pain still throbbing in my forehead. Pushing myself up in the bed, my entire body felt completely numb.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

The familiar boom of a high Scottish voice came from beside me. I practically gave myself whiplash as I swung my head in the direction of the sound. I knew it was Imelda. No one else in this school had that vicious twang in their voice, whether they meant for it to appear or not. I questioned why she was sitting next to my bed, arms crossed, leant back and obviously annoyed that she herself was even there in the first place.

"Why are you here?" I asked, continuing to sit up and lean against the headboard. She scoffed and rolled her eyes, looking up towards the high ceiling. Smalltalk was not something she engaged in most of the time.

"Someone has to watch you every hour. We have an alternating roster." she finally responded, still watching the ceiling. For some reason she didn't want to look at me.

"We?" I questioned, rubbing at my eyes once again. I was starting to regain sight in my left eye. The pain in my head was not as tolerant.

Imelda groaned loudly, frustrated that I had awoken obviously.

"All the Slytherin fifth years. Well, most of us," I could tell she was wanting to wrap this conversation up as fast as she could, "Nurse Blainey had to drag Sebastian and Ominis from the wing multiple times."

I knew that I needed to speak to Fig, but I had completely forgotten that I needed to talk to those two as well. I was still incredibly angry at both of them, but maybe they knew what had happened before I collapsed. As much as I was still in immense pain, I forced myself out of that bed. It was only when I was standing upright did I realise that I was in my nightwear. I contemplated changing before I began wondering around the castle. However, it was night time, and I doubted that anyone would be walking through the halls at this hour. I started walking towards the exit of the wing, wincing with every step from the pain from my side. I heard Imelda call out after me, with a very nonchalant tone.

"Blainey isn't going to be happy that you've left."

I didn't bother turning back to answer her snide comment, keeping my pace down the corridor. But I did respond without looking back at her. It was too tempting to let this opportunity slide.

"I'm terrified."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Luckily I didn't run into any of the professor's on my venture back towards the Slytherin dorms. I'm sure that Professor Weasley would have hauled me into her office immediately for improper conduct. Eventually, I was banging my fist on the door of one of the boy's dorm rooms repeatedly. It took about three minutes before the door opened. A small, stoutly looking boy who I had interrupted from his slumber stood in front of me. I didn't feel very bad about waking him up, he should've opened the door quicker.