-Escape-

I watched as SPAWN became bigger, the spikes around him doing the same. I threw my sword at it, hoping that it would pierce the shell of spikes. I ran towards it and shoved the sword in deeper, growling.

"Die, you monster! Louisiana, light it up!" I pulled the sword out and activated the Roots, slashing the spikes off of SPAWN. I picked up Louisiana so she could be more accurate with her shots, activating her pair of Roots as well. The room suddenly became overwhelmed with blue, and my eyes widened in fear.

"Louisiana, get down!" I flew at her and pulled her to the corner before SPAWN exploded, sending objects flying around the room. I breathed hard, pulling Louisiana up into my arms.

"You OK, kiddo?" I asked her. She groaned and nodded.

"It just... took me by surprise." I chuckled and ruffled her hair.

"You just have to pay attention and act fast, that's all." I turned around to look at SPAWN, picking up Louisiana as well. His eyes seemed to be shaking in anger, as if he knew he was losing.

"On my mark. I know you can do this. Mark's blood is in you. He'd know exactly what to do." I smirked as we charged towards SPAWN, guns and swords ablaze.

That was our moment. That was our chance.

SPAWN was thrown across the room, dissipating into the room next to the one we were in. I smiled and dived through the hole that SPAWN burned through earlier, with Louisiana following suit. I looked up to see SPAWN floating in the room where it was first seen.

Where it was first born.

I smiled and slid my sword back into its carrier. The fight was over. We had won. SPAWN stared at us through the glass, unmoving once again. It was thinking. I held onto Louisiana tightly.

"You did good. You did good." I repeated to her. She giggled, burying her head in the leg of my pants.

"Thank you... but how are we going to get rid of this monster?" The girl asked quietly. I sighed and stared back it, walking up to the glass. I peered at it, placing my fingers on the glass where his head was. SPAWN closed its eyes, but remained floating.

"Are you petting him? Are you petting the thing that tried to kill us?" Louisiana freaked out at my action. I smiled and continued.

"Everything needs a second chance, Louisiana." I said, walking to the door of the room. Louisiana looked at me in fear.

"You're not going in there with it..." I waved my hand at her, motioning her to hush. I closed the door behind me and crept up to SPAWN.

"Hey there. I'm sorry for the harsh actions." SPAWN remained silent, glancing back at the door. I smiled, moving the hair out of my eyes.

"I know what you were created for, and you didn't serve your purpose. Mark created you to help. Why didn't you help?" I questioned. SPAWN turned to the girl, then back to me quietly. His coat swayed back and forth in the empty room, as if it was trying to communicate for him. I sighed and decided to lean against the wall, staring back at him.