-Findings-

I tucked my hair behind my ear before punching in a couple of numbers on the keypad. I got it wrong the first time, but the second time was when I was allowed in. 

Wow, it's really been that long since I've been here.

"Welcome, Avrilon." The system for the house spoke, the door in front of me sliding open. I took a step inside before it shut behind me. I took a look around, memories popping in and out of my mind. I smiled, guiding my hands along the wooden rail that led upstairs. 

What did he mean by inherent? Did he mean the house? Or did he mean his electronics? I swiveled my head back and forth to look down the hallway, which went both left and right from where I stood.

Where did he do his experiments, anyway? I went down the left side of the hallway, my trail ending with a door to my right and a closet in front of me, empty and void of nothing but dust. I turned and opened the door, which made me freeze once I entered. 

This used to be my room, when I slept over sometimes. I was surprised, it had looked completely untouched. The bed still had the pink sheets and covers, and the dresser was still... white. I walked over to it, noticing that a necklace was laying on it, barely hanging on before it fell to the carpet floor. I picked it up and examined it, trying to remember if I had such a beautiful necklace, or even if I put it there. It looked nice though, so I slipped it on, looking at it with it on in the mirror and smiling once again.

Slowly closing the door, I scrambled to the other side of the hallway, entering yet another bedroom. His and her bedroom. I didn't see anything that stood out, so I quickly exited. Another room was the bathroom, and another bedroom, but it was empty. I groaned, slamming myself onto the couch in anger.

"This is pointless!" I yelled, sitting up. "Why did he say that I inherit it all, when there is nothing to inherent!" I kicked the rug in frustration, putting my face in my palms.

"They're all dead... my mom... my cousin... they're all..." I sniffled, tears about to come streaming out. I wiped them away and looked up to see small, red lasers dotted on my face. I shrieked, backing up until I sat straight up on the couch. I couldn't tell where the beams were coming from, but they were everywhere.

Is this his security system? What if they don't recognize me? I have grown a bit since I've last been here...

I winced, turning my head to the side. 

"System check. Subject: Avrilon. Protocol 37189 is in order. Processing... complete. Subject will now be teleported into laboratory. Prepare yourself, subject Avrilon." 

"Wha... AHH!" I screamed, landing on the cold metal floor of the laboratory. I winced again, rubbing my butt. "Owww..." I muttered. I stood up and slid the door in front of me open. My eyes widened as I saw.

All of his inventions were there, right in front of me. Most were on tables, so I admired them as I walked by. However, I stopped to stare at a particular one. A tear ran down my face as I dusted it off, picking the pair up and hugging them. I started to cry harder, suddenly realizing what had happened today.

The Roots.

"Can I try them on, uncle?" I pleaded to him. I had seen them flying around on them, and it looked super fun. Mark laughed as he patted the top of my head, scruffing up my dark red hair.

"I'm sorry, princess. You have to become a big girl to wear these, OK? And by then, I'll have made you a pair of your own." I grinned and chuckled, nodding in understanding. 

That was a few years before he died. I never knew if he made them or not, but I guess I'm here to find out. I sat them down and fixed the title card that was placed next to them. Roots, 3.0 it had read.

I picked up a weird looking gun, looking almost like a redesigned pistol. I looked at the title card, which said 'Elecstol, 2.5'. Whatever that meant. I passed by many other inventions, like the SOuND remover, some type of hovering chair, and many others. The tables stopped as I hit a wall. Touching the wall revealed a small insert. I tilted my head as this.

"Why would there be a hole in the wall? It's not like something or someone made it. Maybe one of these inventions have to go inside of it." I thought aloud, twirling the pendant of the necklace in my hand. It had the shape of a blue, square jewel. I sat there for minutes until it clicked in my mind.

"My god Mark... you really are clever..." I inserted the pendant into the hole in the wall, twisting it. The wall fell away to reveal a blue chip sitting on a pedestal, along with a cube. I took the chip out of the pedestal carefully and slid it into my pocket. I sat the cube on a table, poking the button that was on it. It started to float, and eventually showed him.

"Hey. If you have found this, give it to Avrilon, my cousin. If this is Avrilon, then... hello, my little cousin. Long time no see, huh?"

I fell to my knees in tears and anguish. This is not happening right now.

"If you're watching this, then your mother has already passed away. She has done a lot for me, and I couldn't have gone through school without her. I miss her already." I bursted into tears, them flying all over the floor. Mark floated down and hugged me, patting and rubbing my back.

"Everything's going to be OK. I have a big favor to ask you. I need you to fix my mistake. Something went horribly wrong and... I can't do anything anymore. I'm not there to help anymore. This is why I'm recording this message. I need you to be the hero this time."

My voice shaky, I looked up at Mark. "Wha.. what?"

"You know that I loved the world and everything in it. I loved the good and bad in every situation. I always tried to help. I created this thing, a thing that I call SPAWN. It was supposed to help the poor people in Alversia who couldn't do anything but live. It would spawn in food and possible a house for them to live in. It was a huge undertaking to create, but I did it."

"We, Tris and I, didn't die a normal death. We died because of SPAWN. She was the one most excited for it. Tris went in and pressed the button, and couldn't wait for the outcome. The outcome was her death, and no SPAWN. I was heartbroken; not only did it not work, but it dragged my wife with it. I had nightmares, and without her, it was even more intense. So, I perfected the formula and tried again, and, well, I did it. But it didn't have the intentions that we had for it. It destroyed everything, and is now somewhere, on one of the ships, waiting to be provoked again."

"Why...? Why didn't you just accept that it couldn't be done and just give up? You could have saved yourself!" I shouted, fists clenched.

"I need you to get my daughter."

My eyes widened in complete shock.

Your... daughter?

-/-

Whoops, forgot to add an author's note for this chapter. Thank you so much for reading NOiSE. If you liked it, I ask you to please vote and comment, it really helps out a ton! ^^ I'll see ya in the next chapter!

~SkittlesBeats