CY PRES - Transcript

TRANSCRIPT

PORTIONS OF TAPED INTERVIEW OF ROBERT SULLIVAN (RS) BY DETECTIVE MARK MORASKI (MM) AND OFFICER DAVID TALMADGE (DT) – 4:30 PM WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 9 – SIGNATURES AND ATTESTATION WAIVED FOR REPRODRUCTION

RS: So, Dave, You remember those guys? Where did they come from? Avon? No. Farmington?

DT: I think Farmington. That was one hell of a night.

RS: You remember that guy, Smitty? Motherfucker must have been 6’10”. What a fuckin’ mad man. Remember what he was drinking? All the time what was he drinking?

DT. Came in a jug …

RS: Colt 45?

MM: They still brew that stuff?

RS: I don’t know. Maybe they got their own micro-brewery.

MM: Doubt that.

RS: Nothing micro about Colt 45.

DT: Yeah.

MM: So, Bobby, you know why you’re here.

RS: I think I do.

MM: We’re just trying to wrap up a few loose ends.

RS: [overlapping] Whatever I can do ….

MM: With regard to Mrs. O’Neal’s death.

RS: OK.

MM: If you don’t mind I’d like to tape the interview. Lot cheaper than having a court reporter.

RS: Is this thing running?

MM: It is.

RS: No problem, though maybe I should apologize to Smitty. [distorted – too close to mike] Meant nothing by it, big guy.

[laughter]

MM: So, Bob, just what is your position with the mortuary.

RS: Well, I guess I’m the boss.

MM: You’re a mortician.

RS: I am.

MM: But there are other morticians on staff?

RS: Yeah, sure, there’s Larry and Greg.

MM: Full names?

RS: Oh, uh, Larry Trembly and Greg Rashford. Larry’s about 30. He’s from New Haven. Been there about four years, and Greg’s a young guy, Troy, New York. Little German kid in his twenties. Shaved head. All spic-n-span. Davie, you’d get a kick out of this kid. Just came on board last year.

MM: So your duties at the place are more administrative than actually doing the , uh …

RS: Right. I haven’t done the day-to-day embalming for sometime now, though every now and then they’ll call me in on a face reconstruction. Larry’s very good with the artistic stuff, but if it’s a really bad car accident, burn victim, whatever, they’ll call me in and I’ll do that or help Larry with it.

MM: Are you a partner in the business, I mean in the legal sense of the word – or maybe I should ask, do you know how the place is organized. Is it a corporation, a partnership?

RS: It’s a corporation. Tommy O’Neal set it up years ago. He and Mrs. O’Neal were the only shareholders and they made me an officer, and after Tommy passed I became a director.

MM: You’re an officer?

RS: Yeah. Vice-president.

MM: And a member of the Board of Directors?