Catching Fire

CAPITOL- PRESIDENTS MANSION- DINNING ROOM

On the Capitols monitor it shows people fighting back, fires and an image of a Mockingjay painted in red.

(EXPLOSIONS)

(PEOPLE CLAMORING ON MONITOR)

SNOW: Look at them. She's not who they think she is. She's not a leader. She just wants to save her own skin. It's as simple as that.

PLUTARCH: I think that's true.
But she's become a beacon of hope for the rebellion.

SNOW: And she has to be eliminated.

PLUTARCH: I agree she should die. But in the right way. At the right time. It's moves and countermoves. And it's all we gotta look at.

               "What a bitch-"

                "Ginny?"

                "What we were all thinking it-"

PLUTARCH: Clematis Everdeen is a symbol. Their Mockingjay. They think she's one of them.

                   "She is!"

                   "She grew up there, she fought for her family."

PLUTARCH: We need to show that she's one of us. We don't need to destroy her. Just the image. Then we let the people do the rest.

SNOW: What do you propose?

PLUTARCH: Shut down the black markets. Take away what little they have. Then double the amount of floggings and executions. Put them on TV. Broadcast them live.

                 People looking at the screen and the older heavy set man in the room in horror once more at the mention of executions and floggings.

               "Wait- how are people going to get resources now? They're planning on taking away the only way how." Percy asked and no one answered.

                "Hate to say it- but the old man is right." Haymitch said referring to Plutarch, knowing that the people would want to kill her for them.

               "How so?"

                The normally drunken man just nods his head towards the screen.

PLUTARCH: Show fear. More fear.

SNOW: It will not work. Fear does not work as long as they have hope.

President Snow looking at the monitor that held the image of a mockingjay painting.

SNOW: And Clematis Everdeen is giving them hope.

                 People nodding their heads, especially those from within District 13 and Cinna.

Immediately countering the Presidents claims Plutarch says:

PLUTARCH: She's engaged.
Make everything about that. What kinda dress is she gonna wearing?Floggings. What's the cake gonna look like? Executions. Who's gonna be there? Fear. Blanket coverage. Shove it in their faces. Show them that she is one of us now.

Plutarch let's out a small chuckle to try and impress the Capitols President with his idea as if it were easy.

PLUTARCH: They're gonna hate her so much, they might just kill her for you.

            Haymitch pointing at the screen, showing that- that was what meant when he had mentioned earlier that Plutarch was right. The people would either join the rebellion or look for someone to blame, and Clematis would become that person.