A Reality of Red, Green, Blue

My name is Monika, president of a small club that I create myself. I call it the Literature Club . I couldn't have managed to create this club if it wasn't for the help of a junior student named Sayori. She contributed a lot into making the club come to life, including adding two more members into the club to make the club official. Natsuki, a short, pink-hair student, and Yuri, tall, purple-hair student.

Everyone here has their own reasons to join the club. "I want to help you make a club, Monika!" that's Sayori's reason. "I... like to read novels, so that counts as literature, right?" said Yuri. "Hmph! I love reading manga and manga is literature!" Natsuki's reason.

Although I could take the chance to join the Debate Club , but the drama and politics would only give me worse headaches. The chance to create my own club of something I'm interested in on the other hand, although it might never reach mainstream or the school's favourite clubs, but it will be enjoyable for its member and be a welcoming second home after student's own homes out there.

The club has always been quiet and filled with girls who engulf their minds into their books. It was all until Sayori came up to us, "Hey, hey guys! I want to invite my chilhood friend here, what do you think?" she asked as she hopped up and down in excitement. Natsuki, who was sitting on the floor, looked up to her in annoyance, "Ugh, calm down Sayori, we've heard about him a lot of times now. He sounds boring."

"Oh come on! He is coming to join the club though!" I stood from my seat, "He is?" "Yeah! I managed to persuade him, so he should be coming to club starting from tomorrow!" All four of us share our looks towards each other as excitement slowly grew within the walls of the club room. Natsuk slapped close her manga book and put it together with her other collections in the classroom closet. She slowly turns around to busting into a joyful scream, "I'm baking cookies!" Everyone cheered.

That night, as I was about to doze off to sleep, I thouoght of him once again. My classmate last school year, my worries drive me into a void as my consciousess fades away. I thought I'll be sleeping peacefully until I abruptly encountered a light in the darkness. Rectangular and gigantic, with a title on the top left corner, 'File Explorer'. Curiosity drives me to get closer to this 'dream' which appeared right in front of me.

i took my time, I read and read, and a folder peaked my interest. I opened the folder called, 'characters' to be absolutely stunned a what I witnessed. All the club members have their names written with '.exe' after it, me included. Then, a script file caught my curiosity.

Minutes or perhaps hours have passed as I read the entire script.
"So this is not real.
The Literature Club is not real.
I am not real.
I   a m   n o t    r e a l .
I am  not.
Real."

A long deafening silence filled this void before I gather my thoughts on my findings. "So whoever created us tried to make a dating simulator game. But," I paused for a second, "Where is my ending?"

"All three other girls get their own ending to this 'game' but why do I not?" I slumped down as if a floor suddenly appeared beneath me. Not long after, another light appeared right next to me, I could sense that it would bring me to reality. At least, my 'reality'. I wish all that I saw just now was fake. I wish it was all a dream and I can reawaken into a world where I can be happy together with my friends. But I was wrong, as flickering lights of red, green, blue appear all around me along with fleating binary codes and letters, gradually the light grew clearer: it was real.