Chapter 2: Yvonne

I remember a time when the smell of pancakes in the morning used to wake me up but now my mothers' cries for help do. "Brandon I'm sorry about yesterday, I promise you it will never happened again", she kept saying.

I pulled my gown from the door and run to her in hopes of helping her from my father. As I walked down the stairs fear consumed me the minute I saw my younger siblings under a table crying.
I never thought he would do this in front of them. I rushed over to them "The two of you go upstairs before it gets messy."

"He told us to stay put ", they both said in unison

I pulled them out of the table and told them to go no matter what. "Papa what the hell are you doing "I said, drawing attention to myself. The look on my mothers' face was one of warning. He glanced at me and at that moment I realised he was drunk as usual.

He had that bored look on his face "You can take your mother but get her out of my house." this wasn't the first time he had kicked her out and it wouldn't be the last. I helped her up to my room, ran the shower, and placed her inside.

"Why does she keep forgiving him "I thought to myself. The only thing I know is that she will always stay with him and there is nothing that I can do except for helping her and protecting my siblings. I checked my time and noticed that I had to get the twins ready for school and I have to also go to work. I walked to their room and when I walked in, they kept shuffling around. "What are you two hiding "

"Nothing", they both said

I just rolled my eyes, walked over to their bed, and sat down on the corner of it. They both looked at me, wondering way I was just sitting there. "I need you both to know that I'll get us out of here." I said quietly but they could hear me. They both looked at me and then Jade started crying aloud. We all pretend like it never happens but deep inside we cry for help.

We only have each other and we promised ourselves we would never say anything to anyone. I got up and hugged them both. "I love you guys but you two still need to go to school'' they both groaned. I smiled as they left their room and then I went to check on my mother. When I enter the bathroom, she was gone.

I walked back to my room and found a letter on my bed that read, "Yvonne I'm going to be gone for a while until your father cools down. I know you are going to be angry at me but please do me a favour and watch over your brother and sister until I return.
I love you my darling
Your mother "

I took this letter and threw it in the bin because she always writes the same thing every time she runs away. I take my towel and head to the bathroom because I need to get to work.

As I enter the shower my mind instantly gets flooded by memories that I’ve been trying to forget. The event that accord eight year ago when I turned 16.Things that landed me in a mental hospital for months.

_______________________________________
AN: This is the next Chapter and I'm still nervous about the response. But i would love to thank those who vote and follow me And plz comment if you would like to say anything I don't mind

Vote
Comments
&
Follow