Chapter 6: Yvonne

Our trip to the mall with Mrs Miles was fun and I had gotten all the food and clothes the twins needed. Mrs Miles also bought me clothes, which was surprising.

I tried to refuse but she kept insisting that it was her job since my mother wasn’t here.

My mother and Mrs Miles were once friends years ago. They had met in high school and instantly became the best of friends. Mrs Miles always talked about how kind and sweet my mother used to be, before she met my father, George.
She always talked about how much my mother wanted a family and she would always talk about how much she would love her kids.

I used to wonder how people could change in such a harsh manner. What happened to her dreams of being a good mother?All my life I’ve always felt like the world didn’t think I deserved a good mother and a prefect family.

I was always thankful that the world gave me Mrs Miles who was my godmother but that didn’t last long since the world always seeks to take everything away from me.

Mrs Miles had sent me back home to pack some of my things that I would need whilst I stayed at her place. I quickly got everything I needed and hurried back. I was so excited that I would be staying at her place. Her house was so peaceful and green. I always felt at peace at her house so much so that I would wish that I wouldn’t go home.

When I entered the gate she was standing at her doorstep with the twins in her hands. I couldn’t help but smile knowing full well that this is the only place that I can actually smile.

“You came back in a hurry Von,” Mrs Miles had said when I reached her. She walked inside and placed the twins in their basket.

“Set the table for me so that you can eat Von you seem hungry my love.” I smiled again rushing to the kitchen to grab some plates.

As I entered the kitchen, I found some documents on the kitchen counter and when I scan them, I could help but ask Mrs Miles about them. I quickly walked back to her and handed her the documents.

“Can I please apply for this Mrs Miles. “

“You want to join the junior police training force before you finish school. Are you sure Von?”

“I’m not very good at school and my teachers have been telling me that I might have to repeat the year. I don’t think anything could change even if I do and I think maybe if I do this then I can get a job as soon as I’m done.” I said with excitement in my eyes.

“Von, joining the police is dangerous and I think you know that however I will help you apply. The form says it’s a 5 year course and when you are done you will have to work at the York police station.”

“In five year I’ll be able to start saving money so that I can leave home and maybe I’ll bring the twins with me far away from my parent.”

Mrs Miles smiled at me and said, “Vonnie, you are the smartest girl I know and you’ll be the best cop I know one day.”

_______________________________________
Please like
Share & comment
I would like to hear how you guys feel about the book and if U shy plz DM me