𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙮'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

Mama and daddy sat in the back seat of their SUV while 'Lottie and I were up front. Traffic was horrible, worse than normal, because a flood of tourists decided to come into town today. But we survived and arrived at Huck Finn's. "Now daddy, you need to be nice, alright? These are good people we're gonna be dining with." I said.

"Don't you worry Maddy, I'll keep an eye on him." Mama said. We got out of the car and walked inside. 

"Hey guys! Y'all have a reservation?" Asked the waitress, Amanda up front. She was a family friend and was like an aunt to me and 'Lottie.

"Yes, a table for Presley." Mama replied and she led us to our seats. 

Amanda smiled. "Alright, now would you all like a few minutes to decide on what appetizers and drinks or just order now?"

"We'll be waiting, we have some people joining us." I answered.

Minutes passed by, and yet Morgan still wasn't here. After ten more minutes, he finally showed up. "Sorry it took so long, I was putting all my shit away and lost track of time. Oh, Michael and Caleigh couldn't make it, but they said sorry." He said, taking a seat beside me.

"It's alright. Uh- mama, daddy, this is Morgan." I told my parents.

"Nice to meet you, Morgan. You from around here?" Mama said.

"Suppose you could say that ma'am, I'm from Sneedville." He replied.

Daddy didn't say anything at first, making me anxious but then he spoke. "What do you do for a living son?"

"I make music, that's my song playing right now, Talkin' Tennessee."

"You're Morgan Wallen?" Mama asked and he nodded. 

Amanda came back and got out her notepad and pen. "What drink can I get you all started with today?" We all told her what we wanted and a moment later she came back with our drinks and straws. 

"As I was sayin', Lottie here and Maddy have been listening to you sing since you were on the voice." Mama continued.

"Made me pissed when Blake Shelton didn't turn around for you, you sounded good then, and even better now." I said.

He laughed. "It's alright, and thanks, but I wasn't that good then."

Lottie rolled her eyes. "Okay, you two stop flirtin' and get to looking at the menu so we can eat." She said.

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Thanks for reading if you do!

I'll try to update as soon as I can.

A time skip will cut to a couple of months later.