Chapter 1:

Today was the day every senior had prepared for since the introduction of college brainwashing the last year of middle school.

Decision day.

Since the moment I woke up until this very second, sitting in front of my laptop, I've been biting my nails away at what university to commit to.

My tabs were opened to the following: UC Santa Barbara, UC Davis, UC Berkeley, UCLA, Stanford, Harvard, and Columbia.

I cringed at my dishonesty to friends and family of what schools I had gotten into. Especially Leo.

His excitement at my acceptance to UCLA had been ecstatic, I couldn't be any closer to him if I attended school there. And that's why I didn't mention Stanford, or even worse the Ivy Leagues across the country.

This decision couldn't be any harder and the picture of Leo on my desk made matters worse. I put it face down then took a deep breath. I had already discussed all the options with my parents and any was fine with them. The tuition was not even a factor considering the array of scholarships I had earned. The only person I hadn't spoken to about college was Leo and it's because he expected me to move in with him.

"Just pick!" I thought to myself.

But I knew where my fingers would scroll to if someone didn't stop me. It had been my dream since 6th grade. The school I had chosen for every college project and report. The one I forced my parents to stop by on a trip to the east coast.

I tried to stop thinking and just click. It was only one click away.

"Congratulations Karla Sanders on your commitment to Harvard University."

Hello Harvard,
Maybe once I'm a student I'll learn how to say the veritas.