PROLOGUE

It has been almost eight months since the world broke into chaos, a leak in a pesticide company resulted in an animal getting infected which further resulted in the world being exposed to the deadly virus that turned the infected into something that can only be described as a zombie.

The first instinct of everyone was to take shelter but that did not keep them safe for long as the undead found them and infected those people as well. The smarter people went to the closest firearm shops and suppliers and stocked up on ammunition and weapons. My first instinct was to stock up on food and water and that is exactly what I did, it had become a dog eat dog world, no one was safe, even the survivors were not safe with each other. The rations were limited but necessary so everyone was just looking out for themselves. I always heard about Darwin's theory and saw it in the wildlife documentaries that I used to watch for fun but never did I ever imagine that it would apply in my life as well.

Nature prefers the strongest, the saying that you never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option rang true in this very situation.

FLASH BACK

If 8 months ago, someone had told me this is what my life would become then I would have just laughed in their face. I was just an office worker with a 9 to 5 job and with my hard earned money I had decided to give myself a small treat and decided to attend the concert of my favorite boy band BTS, flying all the way to South Korea, excited to finally be able to see them.

After the concert was over and I was on my way back to my hotel when all hell broke loose, people running here and there, looking for a shelter at first I hadn't understood a thing but when I saw a weirdly mutilated man running towards the crowd of people, my brain supplied that maybe I was in the wrong place and maybe it's just a movie shooting, the guy running was just covered in makeup and it was nothing serious but when the man attacked a kid right in front of me, I knew it was no joke and as much as I wanted to save the kid I knew I had no chance against the creature currently eating him.

I had taken shelter in a convenience store, which was oddly empty, I had taken a bag and stuffed it with everything necessary from the basic medical supplies, food and water to hygiene products like sanitary pads and tampons because they were something of utmost important and since this was probably going to be an almost uncontrollable situation I decided to plan ahead.

Clothes were the last thing on my mind but I took a scarf wrapping it around my neck tightly, using whatever denim clothes I could find to wrap my limbs to protect myself. I walked behind the counter, the money would be useless in a world of such chaos so, I tried to find anything that might be there that I can use for self-defence.

The only thing I could get my hands on was a metallic bat, hoping to god that my internet still worked. I tried to use my phone to find the nearest fire arms shop.

I found the address but the direction just would not load and I knew the internet was probably down. I tried to find maps but when I could not, I looked out the windows to see a map shop across the street. The path would have been easy had the zombies not started filling the streets, feeding on the flesh of the living.

I ran to the rooftop of the convenience store, through the emergency staircase and tried to think of possible ways to get there. I looked over the edge of the rooftop to see the undead walking looking for food killing any and everyone in their way, the screams of men, women and children brought tears to my eyes but I was powerless, there was no way I could save them, taking a deep breath, I steeled my resolve and took off my belt to a telephone tower slightly tilted, I swiftly climbed it standing on the edge of the rooftop.

I could hear the blood pumping in my ears, the sound of my heart beat too loud for my own comfort. But I needed to be strong, I threw the belt over the wire, I held both the ends with all my might and the belt was sliding perfectly over the thick electric wires till a truck was attacked by a hoard of zombies causing it to crash in the tower, which made me loose my grip and fall to the ground with a loud thud, the attention of some of the zombies turned to me and I ran to the closest car, the key still in ignition, I raced it out of there not caring who was in my way. Guilt could wait, I needed to get home first, I needed to know my family was okay after sometime I lost the zombies and decided to walk from there.

To my luck there was a fire arms shop just a few shops away and I raced there, hoping to get my hands on anything I could.

I grabbed two thigh holsters, a belt for storing ammunition, a machete, and a katana. I thanked my luck when I found a tactical vest and stuffed it with as much ammunition and arms as I could, making sure it was not heavy enough to slow me down. I visited the bookstore next to it taking whatever maps I could find, television there was splattered with blood but the news station was still working, the reporter informing that the virus was spreading nationwide just as she was going to inform about a safe place, a zombie attacked her and probably the cameraman as well since the camera fell and only the sounds of screaming could be heard. I was busy studying the map in the middle of the bookstore when I heard a low groan behind me, I drew my gun out pointing at the person in front of me who no longer was a person but one of the undead. I knew him, I met him at the concert, we had become friends in the short time we knew each other and I had promised to eat dinner with him tomorrow.

Tears started streaming down my eyes, he was slowly walking around, when he noticed me, he started running closer, I knew he was going to attack me so I did the only thing I could, I shot him, the bullet pierced through it's head and it fell down, the contents of his brain splattered on the ground, I knew the place was no longer safe and started walking away, tears constantly streaming down my eyes, it was one thing to not save someone but I killed someone. A part of me supplied that the person was already dead but my conscience just wouldn't let it go. With a heavy heart, I walked the empty streets, silently promising myself that I would not kill any of the survivors as long as they were not a threat to me.

PRESENT

I was looking for any possible supplies in a store when I felt a gun pressed to the back of my head, I swiftly turned around, disarming the person behind me and pointing his gun at him but when I saw the person behind me, my eyes started to brim with tears. Never did I ever expect to meet him in such a situation. My voice trembled as I asked the question which I knew the answer to.

"Seokjin-ssi?"

[👆THIS IS WHAT JIN LOOKS LIKE IN THE FF]