Chapter 6

"Oh Izuku, you should know better than to try and fight back..."
A smack can be heard, followed by the sounds of a child sobbing quietly. Soon after screams can be heard from that room, only to be silenced not 10 seconds later.

His father had forced another quirk onto him, much to Izuku's despair. This time though, it was much more painful than the others, so it seemed like his father had chosen to give him a mutant quirk. 

He awoke in the same room he passed out in with searing pain in his back, and he noticed a gorgeous pair or wings on his back, albeit bloody. Kuro helped him clean up the wings and gave him some pain medication - against his fathers wishes, that is. Hisashi would never allow him to take medication that 'does nothing but make you weaker than you already are.'
With the wings no longer bloody, he can see what they look like. His left one is black with white dots on it, mimicking the night sky. His right wing mirrors the left, being a pure white with black dots. 

Izuku wonders if Hisashi will take this one away. He had done so before with the other mutant quirks. It always hurt tenfold compared to emitter quirks. He hopes he doesn't, Izuku likes the wings. 

He spends that day figuring out how to control the wings, and he even learns that the wings are retractable! (He definitely did not spend the next hour after that trying to get them back out. Nope. Definitely not. Could never be him.) 

The next day, he had learned that his father was not, in fact, going to take away the wing quirk, but instead was forcing him to train with it. With whom, you may ask?
The Nomu's. The retched who were killed for the sake of becoming mindless slaves. Although unfinished, they were still very powerful and almost killed him (and had, at one point.) every time he was forced to 'train' with them.

At one point in the training, Hisashi forced Izuku to take the Nomu's quirks, using one of his own. He remembers the searing hot pain when taking the quirks, and the screaming. Oh, the screaming. He could never really tell if it was him or the Nomu screaming, but all he really truly knows is that his ears started bleeding afterwards.

Hisashi would always take the Nomu's quirks back. The pain was too much for him to bear, so he almost always passed out either during or afterwards.

Izuku wakes up in a cold sweat, his wings burning. (When had he let them out? He hasn't taken them out since... He should probably start using them again, though.) He hates the nightmares of his time there; he hates the reminders of the torture and hell he suffered in. 

He checks the time, and sees that it is 20:07, right around the time that he goes out for patrol. He puts on his costume, which consists of black joggers, laced knee-high boots (for added height, so he doesn't seem as young as he is), a black and dark green hoodie with rabbit ears on top, and a dark green mask /voice changer. All pieces have dark red accents. 

He decides that he is going to let his wings out and use them tonight. He's gotten used to the searing hot pain of the wings ripping through his back, and just lets it happen.
He uses some old spray paint he found, and spray paints his white wing black so that it is less noticeable.

He goes out the window of his newly acquired abandoned apartment building, and jumps out the window, despite being on the 13th level. He opens his wings and flies. He heads to his patrol ring (which is all over the place) and drops down onto the rooftops.

He stops some basic crimes like assault and attempted theft, and leaves them tied up with a note on their face for the police to find. Every criminal he catches always ends up with pink glitter on them, much to their dismay.