Chp. 10 golden fears

Raine POV:

I walked up to the bathroom opening the door seeing Caleb crouched in front of the toilet shaking.

"Caleb?! Are you okay?!" I crouch next to him.

"I-I'm fine ray, just- had a bad letter from my uncle is all.."

"Wh-what dis he say?" I questioned.

"The Titans plans are a on a busy schedule, that I can't afford to waste me time and life, I just got overwhelmed." He looked tired and exhausted.

"Caleb no guardian should be talking to you in such a way, it's unjust and unprofound, and it harmful and damaging to you."

"Your acting as if the man beats me yo near death, he's just harsh on his words."

I sighed and passed him an unopened toothbrush.

"Even if he didn't it's still wrong Caleb."

Caleb looked scared and tired. He'd always been afraid of his uncle.

"Guys, let me talk to him alone for a few minutes."

"But-" Darius interrupted.

I sighed and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Just a few minutes Dare, then you can check on him, I promise I won't let him get hurt."

Darius gave a reluctant nod and followed everyone out the bathroom. I closed the door and sad next to the stressed looking blonde.

"He really cares about you." I say referring to Darius.

"He shouldn't- he could get hurt-"

I open the medicine cabinet and pass him some gummies. "They help with anxiety, I take them every time I have to play on stage for my teacher."

"Thanks." He said taking the medicine. "Raine- the em- my uncle isn't the nicest guy- he's not very found of wild magic. But I like it, he told me my dad was obsessed with it."

"What's wrong with wild magic?" I questioned

"He says it hurts people, that the we need to lock it, he calls it a plague. My uncles morals. They're questionable but I follow them- to a certain degree."

I sighed looking at the wall, why does the emperor not like wild magic? Hopefully Eda is safe with it, she usually is.

I look at Caleb, I want to help but I don't know how.

"I just want to take a break from golden guard duties, I want to be myself, I want to meet people! I thought hexide was the only goal- but- Them I met Darius.

He was my first friend, then you guys, I'm grateful for our friendship, now, I just want a chance to discover who I am I guess?"

I smiled and nodded, that makes sense, he always was the most comfortable around Darius. He was also close to Lilith, they were practically study buddies.

I got up and patted my clothes helping him up. "I understand, Brush your teeth and meet us in the bedroom, your gonna make your legs go numb sitting like that."

He smiled and nodded turning to the sink. I closed the door letting him brush his teeth and walked to the bedroom with everyone looking worried.

Darius walked up to me with a concerned look on his face. "Is Caleb alright?!"

"He's fine Dare, just brushing his teeth quickly."

As I said it he walked into the bedroom, Darius walked up to him.

"My parents talked to your uncle, he said you can stay at mine up until grom if you study! What do you think?!"

"I- really?!" He smiled.

"Yup! Soooo-" Darius nudged his arm. For some reason Alador's eye twitched.

"I'd love to! Luckily I had extra clothes packed so I'm ready!"

"Perfect! We'll go back to mine in a bit okay?"

"Sure!" Caleb beamed at him.

We spent the next hour playing video games and talking then everyone had to head home.

We played until everyone's parents picked them up.

I asked Eda to hang out a little longer and she agreed, calling her parents getting extra time.

I grabbed Calebs arm before he walked out of the door. "Be safe okay,? I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow!" Caleb smiled walking with Darius to Darius's parents.

"The sleep over was a blast!" Eda told me smiling.

"Thanks Eda, I'm just sleepy, it took my energy out of me."

"Me too."

We played card games for another hour before Eda had to go back her house. I hugged her and she gave me a smile.

I blushed and slowly closed the door. Turning around, letting out a deep sigh as I slid down the door.

What am I going to tell Eda-

____________

Word count: 754