25♦

25

♦𝕭𝖑𝖆𝖐𝖊♦

Fucking hell. I knew this would be bad but I never imagined it would be like this.

 "Give me the chocolate chips or I'll throw you off the roof!" His voice yells across the kitchen.

 "Isaiah!" Rose scolds. 

"Oh yeah? I'd like to see you try. You and your flabby noodle arms couldn't lift me two inches off the ground let alone lift me over the edge!" Henry scoffs, his hand reaches into the bag of chocolate and then deposits a large handful of the chips into his mouth.

 I can't help but smile as I watch from the doorway. Rose's eyes widen, a look of panic overtakes her as she stares at the now half eaten bag of chocolate chips.

 It's the last one we have in the house, and she's trying her hardest to make cookies for everyone. The two man children that she invited over are making it very difficult for her though.

 Ace, the lucky bastard dropped Henry off then left to go train. His fight is tonight so I understand but he's one lucky son of a gun to miss the chaos that's been on full blast the last three hours.

 I'm sure I've gotten a few noise complaints from the neighbors and I wouldn't be surprised if our house is ruined by the time they leave. In the back of my mind I knew Henry was like Isaiah in a few ways, but I never would have guessed how similar they actually are.

 They feed off each other's energy like New York street rats on well aged garbage. It's entertaining but disgusting. 

Rose reaches out to grab the chocolate from Henry, something he'd let her do. But to her dismay, Isaiah lunged for them at the same time. 

Henry jets back, effectively dodging Isaiah's lunge across the island. Then Rose's quiet gasp followed by a loud thud makes the room freeze. I feel my hands twitch as her body collides with the wall behind her.

 "Shit, Rose are you ok?" Henry drops the bag of chocolate in shock, stepping over it to check on her. The moment that bag hit the floor every once of hope left her body.

She sidesteps Henry and picks up the bag. I can tell by the way it crinkled in her hands that there isn't a single piece of chocolate left in it.

 What was left in the bag just seconds ago is scattered around the floor with no hopes of being salvaged. Not when the guys forgot to take their shoes off before they entered the kitchen earlier. Rose would never risk it, at least for my sake anyway. 

"Ok, out." I yell at the two boys hovering over my heartbroken girl.

 "No, out." I nod towards the front door when they stop just outside the kitchen. "Leave, and don't come back without a new bag of chocolate chips." I slam the door in their stupid ass faces.

 I slowly round the corner to the kitchen again, and there she sits. In the same position I left her in, staring at the empty bag like she just lost a loved one. And in a way she did, she's very passionate about her baking.

 "Hey, everything's going to be alright. We can put the dough in the fridge until the boys come back with more." I kneel down beside her, offering her words of comfort I know she needs in such a delicate moment. 

Then, every so slowly her head raises. A simmering flame burns behind her eyes. "I wouldn't trust those two to know how to hold their breath underwater, let alone go shopping and bring back something edible." Her breath comes out in short little puffs.

 I knew she was getting aggravated with them, but I had know clue she was at the end of her rope. I pinch my thigh until it feels like it might start bleeding. Get it together Blake, this is no time to laugh at her. No matter how cute she looks surrounded by floor chocolate chips and an angry scowl on her face. God, she's perfect.