Chapter 7 • 5 Days: Part 3

3rd POV

𝔻𝔸𝕐 𝟝: 𝔽ℝ𝕀𝔻𝔸𝕐

Another student walked down the hall, passing Gabriel and Yasmin. Yasmin stepped closer to Gabriel, glaring at the other student until they were out of sight. She had been doing this all day; following him around as if she were his personal bodyguard. Gabriel had gotten used to protective behavior, but today? It felt like it multiplied. Initially, he did not say anything else. Just giving her side eyes and questioning looks. But when he caught her skipping her own classes to hide outside of his own, it was the last straw. He immediately asked her about it, probing her for answers. To this, she acted oblivious too. Denying any accusation and finding a reasonable explanation for everything. After a while of asking, he ultimately gave up. Accepting defeat and letting her do whatever she wanted.

Unlike Yasmin, who wouldn't leave Gabriel alone for five minutes, Roza disappeared as soon as they entered school. She hadn't even shown up to any of her classes. This wasn't the first time this had happened so it wasn't much of a big deal. Roza could take care of herself and she had displayed such a fact before, but it was still quite concerning. Especially when she returned. For some reason, she'd always come back....different. Her aura would be much different and he knew he wasn't the only one that could feel it. Yet, he never brought it up. He didn't feel the need to.

Gabriel and Yasmin strolled down the hall to their last class for the day. Despite Yasmin's deportation, their classes had gone by peacefully and they hoped this class would be no different. As they rounded a corner, they caught sight of Mr. Hindwell. He was standing outside their classroom, staring at his watch and tapping his foot impatiently. As Gabriel got closer, Mr. Hindwell's attention shifted to them.

"Mr. Miller, may I have a word with you?" He glanced at Yasmin before turning back to Gabriel. "Alone." To this, Gabriel nodded. Stepping aside to allow Yasmin to enter the class. But Yasmin made no such movement. She scoffed and crossed her arms, glaring daggers at the principal.

"Actually, I think I'm fine staying with him," Yasmin replied, forcing a smile onto her face.

Mr. Hindwell sighed, turning his attention to Yasmin. "Our discussion will not be that long. He'll be back in class in no time. There is no need for your presence. Furthermore, you wouldn't want to miss class time, would you, Ms. Smith?" Mr. Hindwell replied, keeping a professional tone. Gabriel stood in the middle of them. Not knowing if he should be included in their conversation. He could feel the students' eyes in the open classroom, along with their whispers. It added to his anxiety, making him want to shrink into nothingness.

"That shouldn't be a problem since I'm supposed to be getting paper copies of the lesson. 'Furthermore', the last quick discussion you had with Gabriel could certainly raise some questions. Perhaps it'd be better if I stayed in class and brought my concern to the school board? Or the police?" Yasmin smirked when she saw Mr. Hindwell tensing up at her words. Though she didn't know if she was a hundred percent right, they didn't stop her from trying. Mr. Hindwell adjusted his suit and cleared his throat.

"Alright then, this way." Yasmin smiled victoriously, reaching out to grab a frozen Gabriel's hand. Leading him down the hall with her.

~

They sat in Mr. Hindwell's office. Mr. Hindwell faced his computer while Yasmin faced him and Gabriel held his face to the ground. Yasmin crossed her arms over her chest while irritatingly glaring at the principal. Once the principal took his eyes off the computer, he looked at Gabriel. Tapping his finger on the desk.

"Mr. Miller, have you made your decision?" Mr. Hindwell asked, smiling maliciously. Gabriel was too deep in thought to realize he was being asked a question. Nervously bouncing his leg and regaining his thoughts. After refocusing, he nodded his head quickly.