Forest

Rafael's view

Although the forest could be considered a quiet and peaceful place at this time of night, it was not quite so.
There were sounds coming from everywhere.
The snapping of branches, the hooting of an owl, and some screeches that I couldn't identify.
Most people avoided the forest. Some believed in old myths that told of dark creatures that murdered travellers, and an old castle that was reached by a long and haunted path through the forest.
Although I wasn't going to make fun of these things, I didn't believe them. Because if no one survived, there would be no one to tell the story. It was simply a human invention, or some kind of hallucination. But that's all it was.
The further I went, the more I felt I was lost.
It was pitch black in the woods and I had no lantern with me.
I didn't feel like starting a fire, but after a while I forced myself to do it.
I lit a big stick and went on.
Suddenly I heard a rustling behind me.
I turned sharply and shone my light in that direction.
It was probably some frightened animal.
Soon several pairs of yellow eyes found me.
This was not good at all.
My instinct told me to run, but I couldn't. I was surrounded.
I guess this is what death's eyes look like, and I couldn't take my eyes off them.They were the eyes of wolves.

Hello, my dear readers!
Today's chapter is a bit shorter, but don't worry, the story will continue again next week!

Yours K.😘💕