Morning

View of Luna

I opened my eyes, and as always, regretted waking up.
My whole body was incredibly sore, but considering what had happened last night, I was surprised I didn't have any bruises.
I should have.
If only to know that I'd done my time and didn't have to worry about it today.
I felt a little better than last night, but it wasn't great.
I got out of my overly luxurious bed, and the thought that I deserved to sleep on sharp rocks flitted through my head as usual. Especially for how unkindly I had treated my guest yesterday.
I promised myself I would try to make amends tonight.
I dressed in a white shirt and a brown skirt that came to my ankles.
I braided my long, dark fawn hair into a simple braid over my shoulder, and walked to the kitchen, which, like the banquet hall, and my room, was on the first floor. On the way, I ran into Rafael, who was already watching me from afar.
He was wearing one of the shirts my father had worn in his youth. I found them in a chest in the attic when I was looking for my grandfather's cane.
"Good morning." He greeted me, and tried to smile.
The corners of my mouth twitched. "Good morning."
It was only now that I noticed he was quite handsome. Pretty handsome. Not only did he have beautiful eyes, and thick hair, but he had a nice figure. He wasn't a lump of muscle and flesh, but his shoulders were broad, he was just the right height, and you could see his pale, large hands from under his rolled-up sleeves.
I've always had a bit of an aversion to these guys. Mostly I considered them the type who could wrap a girl around their finger, and brainwash her out of her head with one kiss.
He didn't seem to notice me looking at him and nervously sewed himself up.
I managed to suppress my blush, and instead kept my expression cool.
I didn't want him to know what kind of impression he was making on me.
He might take advantage of it later.
"Let's have breakfast." I commanded, and walked out to the door of the hall.
Breakfast was pretty quiet, I didn't know what to talk to him about without asking about his home, and he was probably in a similar state. After all, he surprised me later with his question.
"What's your name?" He wanted to know.
"Luna." I replied.
I didn't like to introduce myself. My name didn't fit me at all. I thought Luna was supposed to be a soft and beautiful girl. A fairy. That wasn't me at all.
"Interesting name." He remarked. "Like a princess with supernatural powers named after the moon."
Now I couldn't hold back the blood rushing to my cheeks.
He was really good with words.
"I don't think my parents thought too hard when they gave me that name." I said. "I'm not a princess, and I don't have any supernatural powers." I got to thinking. "But it would fit with the moon. Every time there's a full moon, I get sick and can't sleep." I hadn't told him the whole truth about how bad it was on a full moon, and how I couldn't dig myself out of this shit in broad daylight, and experienced a double dose of pain at night. It was none of his business, but he asked anyway.
"Why did you tell me yesterday that I couldn't go into the corridor?"
I flinched. Damn it!
"You went?" My voice was awfully quiet.
He shook his head, and I calmed down a little.
"That's good." My heart was beating in an irregular rhythm.
"Why?" He urged.
"I can't tell you." I replied.
He squinted his eyes. "Can't or won't?"
I clenched my hands into fists under the table."Both." I growled.
He shook his head. "I don't understand why you're upset..."
"I'm afraid if you understood, it would be worse."
This conversation was not going well at all. There was silence for a while, during which we each looked at our plates.
"I heard footsteps." He said quietly.
I became more alert. "When?"
"Last night."This was not good, he was on very thin ice with me.
I expected to explode, but I just said quietly, "Excuse me." I got up from the table and walked away.

Hello my dear readers!
After a two-week break, here's another chapter.
I wish you a nice holiday!😘❤️

Your's K.❤️