𝘪𝘷.

✧

                                    ✧

From that day on, the two kids met every day to practice.

Days became weeks, weeks became months and months became years; and each time the two grew closer while competing with each other and correcting each other.

Being in constant contact, in the end, led them to open up even a little to each other, revealing secrets, dreams, fears and giving each other advice.

Nírora learned the problems that afflicted Tsu'tey: his father was very hard on him, inflexible on small mistakes given by inexperience and prone to extreme punishments (bodily and psychological), treating the boy more as the last and worst of the " apprentices" than as a son.

This treatment on one hand made the boy feel sad, alone, angry and made him close little by little his heart and emotions; but on the other it spurred him to improve more and more with the hope of one day making his father so proud to be  seen as a son again.

Nírora also learned of his mother's total disregard for him.

She knew the mistreatments that Tsu'tey was undergoing, she even saw them more than once and yet she pretended not to see and instead to intervene or at least ask him how he was, to comfort him, to give him the love that only a mother could give , she asked her mate about their child's progress in training.

If he improved she praised him a little, but if he didn't the woman ignored him completely for days, even weeks, acting as of he didn't exist and almost not feeding him until he improved again.

His parents were so obsessed with making him a warrior and making him have a high role in the clan that didn't care (or completely forgot) that he was still a child.

A child who needed love, a child who needed understanding, a child who at his age shouldn't suffer like this.

The girl was sadly surprised by the discovery: she didn't expect that the mighty warrior that everyone would have admired one day had faced these difficulties, these sorrows when he was young.

She had always thought that becoming a warrior was Tsu'tey's dream, but apparently the reality was much darker than she thought...

She could only imagine how painful and frustrating such a situation could be for someone so young.

It made her heart ache just thinking about it.

Things like that mark you for life and as much as you try to forget them, you will never be able to do it completely.

Tsu'tey, on the other hand, learned of Nírora's deep insecurities:

her feeling like she never lived up to the expectations her father had on her and her inferiority complex towards her sisters.

Sylwanin had a golden heart, a calm demeanor and a sweet smile thanks to which everyone loved her; not to mention her outstanding ability to "see" things and feel Eywa, qualities that will make her a great Tshaík one day.

Neytiri, on the other hand, with her fierce and fearless demeanor and her great agility had all the qualities to be an amazing hunter/warrior and a trustworthy leading figure.

Compared to the two of them, Nírora felt lacking: she didn't feel outstanding and gifted like her sisters and she was afraid of becoming just a shadow of them.

In the end, she just feared to not being enough: enough to make a name for herself, being known forever only as "the sister of" or "the daughter of"; enough not to let her father down; enough to become what she wanted and protect the ones she loved.

Knowing those fragilities of Nírora shocked the young boy a lot.

He had always seen the omaticaya girl as an impenetrable wall of ice which, no matter what happened, remained indifferent, cold, impassive; before these revelations the young male was convinced that nothing could destabilize that wall, and instead... it was more frail that he could even imagine.

Its cracks were hidden so well you couldn't see them, but they were there.

Also, while spending more time with Nírora, Tsu'tey  learned about her great passion (obsession) for the stars.

The young girl every night before going to sleep sneaked out of her hammok, climbed the highest branches of hometree and spent a few hours looking at the stars, admiring their number, brightness, beauty.

Since the omaticaya male had found out, he almost always accompanied her and not because he wanted to, but because he could never let her go out alone during the night.

(Author: Yeah Tsu'tey, we all believe that you didn't truly want to go with her and spend more time with her...( ̄∇ ̄) )

Every time she talked about the stars as if they were people and maybe for her they were a bit.

She always talked about the stories behind them or 'legends' as she called them.

Some of these stories were sad and melancholic, others spoke of anger and revenge, others were happy and full of hope.

Once she even told him that according to one of these, our loved ones when they die look at us from the sky in the form of stars to never abandon us, always watching over us and protecting us; which for him was completely absurd because it was known that when people died they went with Eywa.

Besides this, every time the omaticaya boy asked her how she knew all this, she always answered " I dreamed about it" making her only more weird and a little crazy in the young male's eyes.

Despite thinking this, Tsu'tey continued to listen to her without ever interrupting her.

Maybe it was the passion she put into telling these legends or maybe the fact that the young omaticaya girl in these circumstances reminded him a lot of the Tsahík when the least told of her "talks" with Eywa, in any case (he would never admit it, but) deep down a part of him loved listening to her, even if the reason was still unknown to him.

For her obsession with the stars, Tsu'tey even gave her a nickname!

He began calling her <<Tanhì>> which in the Na'vi language meant <<star>>.

At first this idea was born to simply annoy and tease her, but the more time passed and the more the boy realized that that nickname suited her a lot, something he had noticed during their "nocturnal adventures": in fact Tsu'tey noticed that when she looked up at the sky, although her face remained as indifferent as ever, her eyes really looked like stars as they "glinted" with wonder at what she saw.

During these nights Tsu'tey more than a couple of times he caught himself staring at her rather than at the starry sky; he didn't know why but he even felt his heart tingle a little, a strange sensation that made him uncomfortable.

He always dismissed and repressed this kind of stange sensations, feelings, after all it happened at night so he thought it was simply tiredness and sleep that made him feel this way.

But the truth was quite another and the young male would have discovered it a few years later on his own and, thinking back to these moments, would have laughed at his naivety.

                                 •••●•••

I wrote a special chapter too, I hope you'll like it<3

Did you like this chapter?