# 2 - " ᴛᴀɢ ''

✩

Just then, Ego appeared onto this big screen in the room, Bachira still dead asleep.

"Have you finished changing, diamonds in the rough?" He spoke, all of us now paying attention to the screen in front of us.

"Hello, there, the guys.. and girl, you're sharing your rooms with are both your roommates and rivals who will help you improve, your abilities have been quantified and ranked by me according to my arbitrary and biased decision making, that's what the numbers on your uniforms represents, you can tell at a glance what your rank out of 300 is" I took a look on my left arm to see the number 291, frowning at the low number.

"your rank can change based on the results of your training or matches, and the top five players will unconditionally get to play in the tournament being held six months from now, they'll be registered as forwards for the U-20 World Cup"

'but i'm a female? would I still be playing in the men's U-20 or staying with the females?'

"additionally, anyone who loses at blue lock, will never get to play for Japan" Ego said, all of us now staring in shock.

'never play in Japan?! that's so cruel.."

"what you need to gain here is ego, i'll be testing you now to measure that, so it's time to play tag, you have 136 seconds" He said as the ceiling opened, dropping a soccer ball onto the floor.

"whoever's struck by the ball is "it", whoever is "it" the moment time runs out will he locked off, also, no using your hands" The screen the. appeared whoever is it, revealing Igaguri is the starting "it".

"what?" Igaguri said as sweat dripped down the side of his face, the timer started to go off as I immediately stood up, looking down at Bachira who is still sleeping.

"what? this isn't soccer" A guy with spiked teeth spoke.

"i'm "it" first because i'm ranked the lowest?, fine, let's do this" he said walking up to the ball "no hard feelings"

"hey, wait you actually believed what he said?" one guy with slightly fluffy hair spoke "what if he was for real?" Igaguri yelled back "i'm doing this" he took a deep breath "if I lose, i'll be a temple monk for the rest of my life"

I stood there not knowing what to do, I just watched as Igarashi looked around the room with his foot on the ball.

He started running towards the huddle with Kira and Isagi, and two others "hey don't get closer!" .