# 4 - "ꜰɪʀsᴛ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ''

✩

(i just realized I kinda messed up on the last chapter because i forgot i was replacing lemon with y/n 😭)

"all righty then, let us begin the first selection"
Ego spoke as we all now started to pay attention as Blue Lock is now officially about to start.

My heart started to race due to the fact we do not know what to expect, I mean, obviously.

"The first selection will involve the 56 of you in building 5, it's a kind of five-team round robin, only the top two teams will move on to the second selection in this survival match"

"So the twelve of us on team Z will play as a proper team? we're all forwards though" Chigiri turned to us, our attention now on him "why don't you be the goalie? you have the face of one" Imamura said to me, leaving me confused as hell "what? what the hell is that supposed to mean" I spat back then getting. a innocent smile back from Imamura.

"Then, i'll play center forward" Raichi pointed at himself as he talked among Kunigami and Gagamaru "huh? no, I will" Kunigami said calmly "no, me" Gagamaru said but more sternly.

"no me I will!"

"Igaguri, you can be in defense"
"what?!

"we're all forwards though, this is crazy" I mumbled earning a nod by Isagi.

Everyone was all talking among themselves and others until Ego interrupted us "Listen up, soccer was originally a sport all about scoring, you've been stupidly imprinted with the notions of positioning and tactics, but all of those roles only evolved over time, soccer initially started out with every player being a striker, so play soccer as it was originally, create soccer from zero with your brains"

'create soccer from zero?'

"Abandon what you've believed to be common sense until now, shove new notions into your brains, what we really need right now for Japan is to become the best in the world, what we need is one hero, Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Soccer can evolve endlessly if a hero like that exists, to stop him, new defensive systems are created, to top him, new tactics are born, one person's play can change a team, a country, even the world, that's the kind of sport soccer is. Are you ready to fight? In Blue lock!"

Ego then left, leaving all of us standing there bewildered.

"this is serious then huh?" Isagi said as he was cut off "Suzuki Y/N, please come to the head office, Ego wants to speak with you" A girl voice spoke on the speakers, everyone then looked at me as if I was in trouble "that doesn't sound good" Kunigami turned to me, I shrugged "tell us what he says when you come back, I mean, If you do come back" Imamura spoke teasingly with a dumb smirk on his face.