𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 || Ditching

The bell for lunch was about to ring so you began to gather your belongings into your backpack. Vance was sound asleep, and you were a bit worried to wake him up to ask him to move. But then again, you didn't care.

The bell rang and Vance was still sound asleep. You were a bit impressed that he managed to sleep through the blaring noise of the dismissal bell. You lightly tapped his shoulder and he still was fast asleep. You continued tapping with a harder force until his eyes opened. He groaned at the sight of you and repositioned himself to sit down on the chair. "What!?" He spat as he rolled his eyes. "The bell rang for lunch." You informed as you motioned yourself trying to get passed him.

He side eyed you as devious smirk washed across his face. He stretched out his body so there was no escape from the row of desks. You rolled your eyes because you were fed up with his antics at this point. In an instant, you pulled out your seat and jumped over your desk to leave the classroom. Vance was a bit impressed, but would never admit it.

You made your way to the outdoor cafeteria where your friends Robin and Finney were waiting. "Hey amiga!" Robin hollered as he gestured you to sit next to him. Finney scooted over to give you room on the bench. "Hey guys!" You said as you unpacked your lunch from your bag. "Why were you late?" Finney asked with a hint of concern in his voice.

You were mentally tired from the occurrence of last class, but you managed to let out two words. "Vance Hopper." Finney's expression became surprised as Robin's had a glint of anger. "That hijo de puta didn't say anything to hurt you- huh?" He questioned as he held up two fists in an attack stance. You chuckled at his response. "Nothing I can't handle."

Robin and Finney nodded as they continued to eat their lunch. "Oh- and I have lunch detention." You informed. Finney dropped his fork onto his platter. "What!? How?" "Guess?" "Vance?" Robin asked. You nodded in agreement. "Ima beat that estupido feo gordo hijo de puta into a pulp." He continued as he was about to get off the bench. "No!" Finney exclaimed. "Violence isn't the answer." Robin sighed as he continued to eat his food.

"Really guys. It's okay. I got this." You reassured. They both nodded in agreement. Once lunch was over you headed to your final class of the day — biology. Your classmate Bruce caught up with you as you both were stuck in hallway traffic. "Ugh. What's taking so long!" He ranted as he held his forehead with his hand. You peered on the tips of your toes to see a certain someone — Vance Hopper.

For a person who barely shows up to school, you've been seeing a lot of him lately. He was lunging at some guy that had a similar aura as him. Both of the guys seemed like troublemakers. You had a look of disgust as you passed the incident and headed to your biology classroom.

Biology was one of your favorite classes because the teacher was nice and wasn't as pressuring as your other teachers. You and Bruce sat next to eachother and took notes on the content being projected on the board. "So... I heard you got after school detention." Your head shot up from your paper in surprise. "How did you know?" You asked.

Bruce scratched the back of his head. "Oh you know... hallway gossip." 'Vance...' you grumbled. "For what its worth-" he added, "it's not your fault." You smiled. "Thanks Bruce." He gave a large grin as he continued writing his notes.

The end of the day approached and the bell rang signaling all the kids to leave for the school buses. "I'll see you tomorrow, maybe I'll see you at my baseball practice if you're out of detention in time." Bruce said as he left the classroom. "Yeah." You hollered as you began to gather your belongings.

Walking through the halls, you realized you had no idea where after school detention is hosted. "Shoot" you grumbled to yourself. You walked past a few shady looking people and decided to ask them — like you had any other choice.

As the group saw you approaching, the visible leader asked "you lost?" You looked up and nodded your head. "Do you happen to know where the detention room is?" A smirk grew on the guys face as he made his way closer to you. You backed away and every time he advanced you took one step backwards.

He had a puzzling look on his face, as if he was trying to figure you out. He looked incredibly charming but with a playboy vibe to him. You were going to find the detention room yourself, considering the guy was no help at all until a loud voice in the hall startled everyone.

"There you are doll." Said the voice. You didn't need to know  where the voice originated because there was only one person who called you doll — a certain curly headed blond. He took your hand and yanked your with full force. "Cmon the detention room is this way." You huffed in annoyance and followed him to an empty classroom.

You settled down in a seat as farthest away from Vance. After about 15 minutes of silence, the principal comes in. "I'm very disappointed in both of you. And I expected better from you Y/N" "I'm sorry" you murmured. You were still angered that you were there considering you legitimately did nothing.

She sighed and pulled up her clipboard. "I'm assigning you both a project where you must prove you can collaborate together." "WHAT!" You yelled, while Vance was staring out into space unbothered by the task. The principal ignored your reply and continued talking. "You both will find something you have in common and craft a speech about why the object is important to you."

You decided to comply because you didn't want to get into more trouble than you already are in while Vance brushed off the entire situation. "Yeah whatever." He said as he slouched down to lay his head on the desk.

The teacher put up a timer for an hour. "When this timer ends you may leave. I want you guys to think deeply about your actions." You nodded in response while Vance was fast asleep.

The teacher left the room and Vance immediately shot up. "Wanna ditch?" You open your mouth in shock. "You were awake this whole time!" You whisper yelled. He tilted his head and furrowed his brows at your statement. "No dip Sherlock." You rolled your eyes. "I don't wanna get in anymore trouble."

"Trust me you won't get in trouble, I've done this several times." You contemplated his offer. "It's just leaving school it's not like I'm asking you to marry ya or anything sweets" he said as he was heading towards the door. You shrugged your shoulders and said "what the heck, let's go." Vance smiled "yeah that's what I'm talking 'bout" as you both left the classroom.

To be continued...