Chp 3

It was my second day in Gotham and for some reason, I had a bad feeling, like I was being watched. Absentmindedly, I rubbed my miraculi marks.

All of the miraculi are imprinted on my skin in one way or the other, so it would take only a second for me to activate them. It's something I find oddly comforting. To know that they're always with me.

For my second day in Gotham, we were going to tour another of Bruce Wayne's buildings. From the moment I had woken up I had hoped that Lila wouldn't try and ruin the tour for me but she did.

During the tour, Lila and my classmates would keep on trying to trip me. They would also whisper hurtful things about me amongst themselves, just loud enough that I could hear them but not loud enough to be too conspicuous.

They had made a game of mocking me, getting bolder and bolder. What really pissed me off though was the fact that it worked and they knew it.

For just a second I felt insecure and at that moment someone tripped me and I fell. After I had gotten up until the tour had ended, my powers wouldn't stop reacting.

Unwittingly, my magic would make Lila and Alya trip constantly, so much so, at that point, they where more comfortable on the floor. While payback was satisfying, leaving my powers unchecked was risky and even worse it made me feel off balance, unstable.

Before I headed to the bus I had the strange urge to hear the voice of a friend. I called Luka. The only real friend I had back in Paris was him.

I honestly missed his voice and I was wondering to see what he was doing so I called him. "M-m- marinette?" I hear a voice tease me from the other end of the phone.

"L-l- luka?" I replied playfully.

"In all seriousness... can I come and watch a movie with you?" I asked. Lately I feel as though something is missing. Unfortunately, I have no idea what that could be.

"Of course, my Maribelle." He whispered, voice soft and with a smile as sweet as honey.

"I'll be right there." I promised silently. While Luka set up the movie, using my magic I summoned us a bucket of popcorn. We both cuddled against each other and Luka pressed start.

Around the last part of the movie I felt my eyes getting heavy as I drifted off into a comfortable sleep.

-

She's perfect. I brushed her hair away from her face and squished her cheeks only for her nose to scrunch adorably.

I sighed pitifully before moving her back to her studio in Gotham. Marinette has two residences.

The one in Paris, Master Fu's old place and in Gotham, her studio. That's where she makes all of her designs for her company which in turn makes her very well off.

Despite that, she never shows off. In fact, most of her money is donated or used to fund her vigilante work. As Ladybug she works with Chat Noir. They're as close as ever and are a perfect example of teamwork. In Gotham she often works with people like the Red Arrow and Nightwing.

She's so strong. I pressed a kiss to her forehead and I snuggled next to her, falling asleep. The next morning I woke up with our limbs entangled.

 The next morning I woke up with our limbs entangled