Chp 5

The tour of Wayne Enterprises was mind numbingly boring, so finally being able to go have lunch was a relief, I thought, absentmindedly eating before being distracted by an inquisitive voice.

"Is that original? How'd you manage to buy one of those?" Wondered Grayson, our tour guide, referring to my clothes, I presumed.

"With great difficulty." I had responded simply, if not a tad sarcastic. He then smiled as if amused by something and struggled to hide a laugh.

Suddenly, I got brought out of my thoughts by one of the foulest laughs I had ever heard, accompanied by the steps of around a dozen men.

I nearly felt out of my seat in surprise and groaned at my misfortune. The men, finally coming into view seemed to be goons of the Riddler. While I was contemplating whether I should do something about him, one of his goons grabbed me by the arm.

I instinctively threw the first punch, knocking him out cold. Reluctantly, I had begun fighting the others. Luckily, they were taken care of fairly quickly because of genuinely weak they were. To me it seemed like they had no combat experience.

Before I could start heading over to the Riddler (to finish off what I had started) Batman had arrived, trudging gloomily towards me while his sidekicks(?) dealt with the villain with relative ease.

"Who are you?" Inquired Batman looking at me so intensely I couldn't help but look anywhere but his face.

I remained motionless for a few seconds until I could finally speak properly, "I'm a student here with my class from Paris." It seemed as though Batman was analysing me forever up to the time he had to leave with the Riddler.

" It seemed as though Batman was analysing me forever up to the time he had to leave with the Riddler