Chapter 4

It's not like Enid is trying to see more of Wednesday.

She has a professional working relationship with Eugene, so why shouldn't she spend more time with him? She obviously needs to communicate and sync up with him for the success of the project.

That's all.

If anyone raises any objections against her reasoning of it being a mere coincidence now that she knows hanging out with him will possibly lead to more encounters with Wednesday, then they should, quite frankly, mind their own damn business.

Her reluctance with hanging out with Eugene hasn't entirely gone away but it was worth the tradeoffs (what wasn't seeing Wednesday worth?) to her, personally. Plus, Eugene's forwardness towards her has died down slightly, needing only to decline two coffee invitations this week. If only his eagerness would do the same.

The next room following the foyer is the cinema room, a completely new room birthed from the consolidation of the fourth guest bedroom and the second pantry.

Despite the rule of no signing off being required, Enid had held reservations.

Wavering between wanting to add her own signature to the estate and preserving the historic artisanry, she settled with the middle ground of an in-room theater and cinema. This allowed her to conserve the archaic aesthetic while integrating a bit of modern technology she felt the manor would benefit from.

Reminiscing their times at Nevermore when their truancies led to many movie dates, Morticia and Gomez had been ecstatic with the idea. The details of their rendezvous that unavoidably headed towards the rated-18 way were shut down by Wednesday's glaring and Pugsley's gagging. Though made comfortable, at least this made Enid ensure to include wash proof seating for the room.

The youngest Addams member was excited at the technical details of the room, offering to Enid his services for enhancements, to which she had to refuse politely with, "Uh huh, yup. I see. Loving the enthusiasm and totes appreciate the creativity. But, um, I'm not so sure about adding this, Pugs. Yup, I mean, I get it though. It is annoying to have to go to the bathroom while you're in the middle of a movie."

For Wednesday, there wasn't much feedback because, well, why would she offer any? She barely acknowledges Enid's presence as it is.

To frustrate Enid further, Joel had much to say.

Honestly, why was he even speaking? He wasn't an Addams. At least, not yet, her mind whispers and her chest freezes at the thought.

He's fondly looking over to Wednesday, talking about some kind of movie marathon they apparently did at some camp.

Enid had so many questions like, why was Wednesday at a camp?

Why was she with Joel?

When was this?

Was this when they were much younger and they were camping like, sharing spooky stories over roasted marshmallows? With other people?

Or was this more recent like last week, when Wednesday was noticeably absent, and camping like, sharing a tent together? Just the two of them?

And why was Enid (she knew why) so bothered at the sight of Wednesday's lip curling up slightly as she and Joel both stared at each other with their obvious inside joke and no-words-needed communication that comes with time and familiarity?

She's running through the structural integrity of the adjoining walls between the two rooms being replaced and whether they are non-load-bearing with Eugene, when she hears Wednesday's steps falter behind him, as if she's not sure if dealing with Enid was worth what she needed from Eugene.