anyone in here?

"Alright, me and Larry are gonna get more information about the balogna." Sal told them before they walked off. They've decided to create their own investigation.

Sal and Larry walked over to Kim, the lunch lady.

-

"Well she was no help." Larry told sal as they where walking down the hall. They were talking about how weird she acted about it, she seemed a little mad they even questioned it. So larry decided to let it go. He walked back to their table with chug and maple, still sitting there, and talking.

"Alright larry." Sal said. He decided to go to the restroom before lunch ended.
He walked in and saw a crumpled up piece of paper near the almost overfilled trashcan. He would've normally not picked it up since it was on the bathroom floor, but he noticed that there was writing. It caught his eye so he reached down, and picked it up. He opened it—

-

I know we don't really know each other and you probably have your opinions of me. I thought maybe if I told you how I feel, things could be different. The truth
is, I can't stop thinking about you. I'm crazy about you. I think you're amazing! But I know these feelings are wrong. It's not the way a boy should feel. Shame swallows me whole. My father would kill me but I can't live in his shadow forever I just...
-

The rest of the note was scribbled out unfortunately. He liked reading things—especiallylove letters. Sal walked over to the bathroom stalls and heard the faintest of sobs coming from the middle stall.

'What the—?'

Thinking back, he saw travis get up and go out of the cafeteria, he probably went to the bathroom now that he thinks about it, not like sal cared all that much. but why was he crying?

"Anyone in there?"

Sal said as he walked over to the stall. Once he got close to it he saw someone sitting on the ground, most likely Travis. But still Sal wanted to know what was up.

"No duh fuckwad. Buzz off." Travis said In the Snarky tone he always has. Quickly drying his face of any tears, snorting, pretending he was the dandy asshole he always is.

"No need for swearing dude, but Travis, were you crying just a second ago??"

"Sally face? I- No what the hell!? Cant a guy get some privacy!" Travis said, confused—upset, and most of all, embarrassed. He was quickly thrown off by the blue haired boy talking to him in such a nice way.

"Why do you hate me so much...?" Sal said. there was a moment of silence...
-

They were talking for a bit. Sal started to feel kinda bad for travis,

"Hey, I know this is none of my business but is your father pushing these beliefs onto you?" He couldn't help but ask. He knew he probably shouldn't but he asked anyway. It seemed like something was really bothering Travis. And if he could do or say something to make him feel better, then maybe Travis wouldn't be as upset as he seems.

"Just because my dad's a Preacher doesn't mean he owns me! I'm my own person." Travis shot a glance under the stall door to Sally's feet. Then quickly looked away to the stall wall infront of him, wrapping his hands over his knees.

"Yeah, but you seem so unhappy, man."

"Are you sure your dad isn't putting to much pressure on you? I bet it's tough being the son of such an intense man." Sal really did sympathize with Travis, he really wanted to comfort him despite the fact Travis was literally a bully.

"You have no idea what it's like." His voice dropped to a deep—almost whisper. Traces of sadness were left in the air after the words were said.

Sal sat down beside the stall putting the note he found into his back pocket, "I'm sorry."

"I don't need your pity." Travis said looking at the floor, hugging himself a bit tighter.

"Hey, I know you don't like me. But I would really like to be your friend." He said a little embarrassingly, he didn't really know what to say but maybe if Travis wanted to they could be friends. Sal always liked giving people another chance, that was just how he was.

Travis was about to say something but there was a lump in his throat he started thinking,

'why would he want to be friends—I'm so mean to him, yet hes so kind- why am i like this?'

"Travis?"

"Oh uh I don't know, I mean.. forget about it-"
He said trying to find the right words, just then
Sal chuckled a little bit, red blossomed all over Travis's cheeks, leaving butterflies in his stomach. "You dont have to, but I really do want to be your friend."

He got up and left the bathroom. The note still in his back pocket.

-
🙊 Please star this chapter if you liked it🙏🫶