Part 4

Harry was woken up by his mother making loads of noise, she was most likely unpacking some more.

He decided he would get up and get ready, after all he had made plans to walk around town and explore.

Pulling the blanket of his makeshift bed he had to sleep on last night as he and his mom were still waiting for the moving van to bring their furniture, he got up and rummaged through his boxes that held his clothes and pulled out his white polo shirt that he had cropped impulsively, and low wasted baggy shorts. 

He made his way to the bathroom where he had washed up and dressed in his outfit of choice, he made his way back into his room and opened the box he had packed makeup in.

He decided to simply put blush and lipgloss on to lazy to bother with anything else.

Skipping down the stairs he made his way to the kitchen where he found his mom who was putting glass cups away in one of the many cupboards.

"Hi mama" the boy gained the attention of his mom who had stopped what she was doing to give Harry a hug and kiss.

"Hi baby, you hungry?" she asked letting go of the boy.

"We don't have a fridge mama what are you going to cook" the boy said giggling.

"Your right, I should really do the shopping, just not today because the moving van is coming with our furniture and I have to be here"

Harry frowned at his moms back, he could tell she was stressing out about the move.

He made his way around the marble counter and hugged his moms waist laying his head on her back.

"Don't worry mama I'll go get the groceries, I was going out anyway"

Anne held Harry's hand and brought them up to give them a soft kiss.

"What would I do without you" she said.

If you couldn't tell Harry and his mom had a very good relationship, they trusted each other with everything. And they had always been super emotional, unlike his sister and dad who were literally copies of each other.

Anne moved to her purse to give Harry her wallet.

"Don't go to crazy ok? Have fun and stay safe"

After Harry gave his mum a kiss on the cheek and said goodbye he skipped over to the door and made his way around the neighborhood he didn't know.

***

After struggling to find his way and having to ask a random stranger for help Harry finally made his way into the part of town that had a bunch of shops.

It took him quite some time because he had to get over his social anxiety and head over to an old lady sat on her porch drinking tea to ask for directions.

His eyes looked all over the place, he spotted some stores he would like but didn't go in, he was on a mission to get the groceries and that's what he intended to do.

A few minutes had passed before he spotted a small grocery shop, it was nothing like the big Tesco in his old neighborhood, but it would have to do.

He walked in and was met with a cold breeze that made him want to go back outside and stand in the warm sun.

He grabbed a trolley and made his way around the store ,there were only three aisles and a small fruit and veggie area.

Walking towards the fruits and vegetables was a struggle, the trolleys wheels would go the opposite direction he would push in.

It had looked like he was fighting with the trolley, and could you guess who was winning.

Harry groaned frustratingly and kicked the wheels.

"Stupid wheels, don't know how to do your jobs, your fired, I'm abandoning you" the little boy said and brought his hand up to flip the trolley off.

He turned around leaving his cart there just like he said he would.

Once he turned around he was frightened to see there had been someone watching him.

Harry stood their with his mouth slightly opened in shock. He didn't move an inch, to embarrassed to even exist.

The boy that had been watching him stood their awkwardly.

"Umm, do you need help" the blonde boy asked scratching the back of his head.

Harry's mouth was open but he couldn't seem to say a thing.

"I'm Niall" the boy said reaching his hand out for Harry to shake.

Harry slowly snapped out of his embarrassed state and pulled his hand forward to shake the boys hand.

"Harry" he said back to the boy, pulling his hand away to brush his hair behind his ear.

He looked down "Did you see all that" he asked Niall.

Niall nodded his head, said yes and smiled at him, amused.

"Let's get you a new cart" Niall said and put his hand on the small of Harry's back to lead him to the front of the store, they grabbed a new trolley and Niall double checked to make sure the wheels had worked.

He smiled at Harry and handed him the cart, they made small conversation and Harry found out that Niall was his age and was going to the same school Harry started in next week.

Niall lead Harry through the store and helped Harry find what he needed.

"Why exactly are you helping me?" Harry asked confused about the boy's behavior, he had been really nice and that was something Harry wasn't used to.

"I work here, it's my job, and because we're officially friends" Niall said looking at Harry with a smile so big Harry thought he would explode.

"Friends? Me and you?" Harry's heart raced and his vision went blurry.

Yes he was about to cry, and yes it was because Niall said they were friends, but can you blame him, the last time he had a friend was when he was eleven.

He had just come out and all the parents at the school he went to told their kids to stay away from the odd boy. Saying the little boy might turn them if they got to close to him, they treated him like he had a contagious disease.

Niall just put his arm around Harry's shoulders and continued to help the boy with his shopping.

And for the rest of the day Harry couldn't stop thinking about Niall, his friend. His mother had even sent Harry to his room to get him to quiet down as the boy hadn't stopped talking about his new friend since he got back from the grocery store.

He'd came home crying and jumping up and down exited to tell his mama about Niall.

And Anne was happy and excited to meet Harry's new friend Niall.

After all the happy tears Harry settled in his bed that the moving van had finally brought over, he'd had one of the best nights sleep ever.