Part 34

Enjoy Reading!

"Kiyoomi is in the country?" Iwaizumi asked.

Atsumu just told them what happened after dinner when the children are already sleeping.

"But it seemed like he didn't recognize me." He said.

"Maybe that's some kind of doppelgänger, you know... That can't be Kiyoomi." Toruu said.

He was right, Kiyoomi would never offer help to someone even if he knows them. He's not the type to help them himself, instead, he'll most likely ask his guards or someone under his command to help them for him.

'But no, it was him.' He thought. "I'm sure it was him, his pheromones, I recognized them."

"If we're talking about pheromones, then there's no doubt." Iwaizumi said.

"What are you going to do now? Are you going to leave the country?" Toruu asked.

He shook his head. "No, considering how he reacted when we met again, it was no doubt that he can't remember me." Atsumu smiled. "Also, the children are too young to travel and adjusting to their new environment again will be too hard for them."

It's better this way, the kids are starting to enjoy their peaceful life here. He can't move from one place to another just because he's avoiding to meet Kiyoomi.

But what made him intrigued was the thought of what happened to Kiyoomi back in Japan? Why did he come here? And why he doesn't remember Atsumu?

-

Two weeks ago, Erin was busy doing Kiyoomi's job. Yes, she'd been doing the job that supposed to be Kiyoomi's with the help of Flynn because Kiyoomi was always drinking.

"I think Kiyoomi had a change of hearts." Flynn said and sighed in relief. I really thought that he'll forever be stuck here." He added.

She just nodded and continued working. But Flynn grabbed her hand. "Hey, I'm talking to you, Erin." He said, looking at her eyes, trying to convey something to her.

But as usual, she cares too much about work that she even failed to notice that he's into her.

"Sir, I know what you're trying to say." Erin said and looked back at him.

It made Flynn's heart thump. "Y-you do?" He felt his cheeks heating up.

"Yes?" Erin was confused about his sudden reaction. "That Mr. Sakusa decided to change."

Oh.

'Why did I even get my hopes up?' He thought in the back of his mind and let go of her hand.

He forced a laugh and said, "I'll just check up on Kiyoomi." Flynn said and left.

After he left, Erin sighed as she put down the paperwork on the table. Then, she started shivering as she felt her cheeks numbing.

Erin wasn't dense. She can feel that Flynn has been expressing something onto her.

"Does he like me?" She whispered as she covered her face with her palms. "Hah..." She exhaled.

"No, a beta and an alpha can't be together." She whispered and smiled bitterly. "Don't worry, sir. I'll try my hardest not to catch feelings for you." She said and worked even harder.

-

Later that day, she received a frantic call from Dylan himself using his personal number.

[Erin! How many times do I have to tell you that you need to keep your eyes on Kiyoomi!] Dylan shouted over the line. [Honey, calm down.] Said Mrs. Sakusa in the background.

"I'm doing that, sir. I always check up on him while managing SGC with the help of Mr. Flynn." She replied, stamping over the 57th paperwork with Kiyoomi's signature.

[If you're doing that, then why is Kiyoomi in the hospital? HE WAS UNCONSCIOUS FOR HITTING A CAR WHILE DRIVING!]

Hearing that made her spring up from her chair. It felt like her blood suddenly left her body. "W-what?"

[I can't believe you let me down, Erin. You're your father's daughter so I trusted you that you'll be able to aid him no matter what yet he's in the hospital with injuries!]

Her lips quivered. "I-I'm sorry sir. I- ... I shouldn't have left him." She apologized.

The call died after that.

Little did Erin know, Flynn just arrived to tell her what happened to Kiyoomi when his uncle already did it for him. He clenched his fists when he saw how frustrated she looked.

She was obviously tired and exhausted mentally and physically from all the work she had to do.

He didn't know why and how but he found himself going inside and pulling her for a hug.

"You did nothing wrong, Erin." He said as he tightly hugged her. "You were just doing your part as a secretary." He added.

Then, he just stay stilled when she cried harder, she sobbed on her chest while gripping on his coat.

"Calm down..." He said, slightly patting her back.

When Erin finally calmed down, she noticed how drenched his coat was. "I'm sorry, you've been seen a pathetic side of me."

"Crying doesn't make you look pathetic, Erin." He said and gave her tissue to blow on.

She blew on it and it made him laugh a bit but he shook that off and cleared his throat.

"You see, I thought Kiyoomi brought a driver with him because he just drank two bottles hard wine. I didn't know he would drive the car himself." He explained. "So it's not your fault."

"No, if I had checked it, none of this would've happened." She said.

"That is my fault, Erin. I asked you to do the other paperwork because you've been receiving harsh comments from Kiyoomi so I thought you needed a break from him. If I had checked him earlier, none of this would've happen and you wouldn't blame yourself like this." He then tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear and smiled.

It made Erin blushed but she shook the thought off. 'There's no way I'll be able to stand next to him.' She thought.

-

Flynn and Erin went to the hospital, Dylan and Kiera were there so they had to listen to endless nagging.

"I'm already exhausted..." She said.

"Haha, me too. Uncle Dylan is really scary when furious." That's what he said which was very true.

They're just talking when they heard a rustle on the bed where Kiyoomi was.

He was awake.

"Kiyo!" Flynn said in a relieved tone. "Thank goodness you woke up!"

"Why do you look so old? Just when did you grew your hair?" Kiyoomi asked then coughed.

"What?"

Kiyoomi's eyes fell on Erin. "And you, how many times do I have to tell you to stop following my father's orders because I'm your boss now." Kiyoomi said.

Huh?

The doctor came in and told them that they'll be doing a series of tests on Kiyoomi since he hit his head pretty badly.

But after a few days, the doctor brought a shocking news to them.

"It seemed like Mr. Sakusa has retrograde amnesia."

Flynn frowned. "Pardon me, doc. But what does it mean? He doesn't remember everything?"

"No, not everything. He knows who he is and what his family does. It's just, he couldn't recall his memories from a certain time up to the very moment before he got caught in an accident. He most likely lost the memories he had for the past 7 years before his accident."

-

A/N: Hello! What do you guys think about this chapter? Let me know please! Thank you and stay tuned!