4. Screwed

"everything okay?" I type to her.

No response.

Guess she's busy.

almost an entire day went by, when I finally hear my phone buzz

"I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner, this morning I was just in a rush, I had to go work with my brother and it was just very busy."

"oh that's okay, did you have a good day?"

"I did thank you for asking, how was yours?"

"I sat in the sun mainly, just taking everything in, the warmth, the wind, the sounds..'

"Damn that sounds amazing, and peaceful. I wish I could do that"

I was a bit confused about her way of wording her wishing that she could.

" well fly over here and sit your ass next to me" I teased.

"haha watch me! I will, soon ;)"

"So Miley" She started "What are your dreams?"

"I would love to see more of the world and feel free"

"How come you're not?"

"My health, I lost a lot of people in my life aswell cause they didn't like that I had to cancel at times, because I felt sick. I am not allowed to drive, So I can't really go places by myself. I have crazy anxiety to go on busses on my own, so I have to rely on others to drive me. But yeah tbh I often feel kinda stuck in this life, in my body"

"Hmm.. I would love to help you, show you places, take care of your needs, I'm sorry people made you feel like it was too much. Cause you didn't choose this life or like you said, your body, and you deserve to actually live."

I got teary eyed. "I.. thank you, this is so incredibly sweet Cara.."

"I mean it tho, if I'll get the chance, I would."

"I would love that, don't make me dream about it haha"

"Well who knows ;)"

"you're crazy, I love it tho"

"I am so yes get ready to deal with it lol"

"I will be 100000% ready"

We kept on speaking for a while.

until I went to bed.

a couple days go by of getting to know each other more.

it's now the 17th.

"Only 3 more days before you arrive in Belgium!"

"Yes, gosh I'm so excited to meet you Miley.."

I smile at my screen. In these past days, I became quite attached to this person.

"So am I. I'm still waiting for my hug so"

"trust me I'm gonna hug you so hard"

"when do you arrive the 20th?"

"Oh very late in the evening, so it'll probably be, arriving, immediately to the hotel. oh I have a question.."

"Go ahead!" I said

"Uh well, what would you think if I'd book you a room for the 21st, so we can hang out after the concert? and we can stay out as long as we like without worrying how you'll get home. ONLY if you're comfy Miles. don't be to shy to say no'

" say no? if anything I'm shy to say yes. I would absolutely love this. We can go for drinks, or watch movies in the hotel room"

I'm so excited I was happy stimming behind my phone.

"Really?? oh that's amazing news. I just hope you won't be disappointed when we meet"

"Why would I be? I hope it won't be the other way around lol"

She said softly "I don't know.. maybe you won't like what you see. But you.. Don't say that you are gorgeous and just an amazing person"

"You think I'm gorgeous?"

"I do. very much so"

I feel tingeling in my stomach and I know I'm just smiling like an idiot.

"thank you.. I truly think you're amazing and beautiful as well"

"You don't understand how important you became in this small time, is that weird?"

"it's not Cara, I feel the same.. I just.. connect to you."

she stayed quiet for a minute and all of a sudden I receive

"I wanna hold you."

"I would love to be held by you''

"you give me this feeling of escaping this busy life I live."

"I'm glad I can be that for you, you make me feel like I'm more than my illness."

"Fuck I'm so screwed" she sends

"Why is that?"

"Cause I'm over here smiling to my phone, over the words of a girl all the way from Belgium, I started talking to a couple days ago"

"if it gives you peace, this girl over here is smiling at the words of this american girl aswell"

*Care is recording an audio*

"Hey Miles, just felt like leaving a voice note. You are amazing and I truly hope my words don't scare you off, but you do things to me already, fuck haha, I'm so fucked. sheesh. Anyway before I embarrass myself more. I simply wanted to say, I like you and I hope you will like me too when you see me, please just see who I am when you see me okay?"

I'm a bit confused by her last sentence

I send a voice memo back

"Cara.. ofcourse I will see you as who you are. As this wonderful girl who has made my days so much more interesting, who makes me smile like an idiot at this stupid little screen. Don't worry about it at all, I feel the same."

"pfooo, I'm relieved I didn't sound like an idiot haha, but yeah it's true" she texts

"you're my idiot then haha jk"

"I'd like that."

I feel this happiness through me. God What's happening here.