7: Awkward

(Ophelia's POV)

"I've made a real fool out of myself," I said, getting up quickly.

But she interjected,

"Please don't go, Ophelia. I can explain everything," she called after me. I sat back down, not being able to defy her even if I tried my hardest. She cleared her throat, and when she looked up, her eyes were shining with unshed tears. They made me want to cry, too.

She began,

"Yes. I'm married," she dropped, "And I know you have questions. And I know the reason you're in so much pain right now. It's because of me. It's because for the first time in my entire career, life, even, I failed to be a healer. I failed to . . . to help you. I let my own emotions and my own desires get the best of me. But I promise, Ophelia, that I do feel something. I just . . . I just don't know what to do," she cried, and I took and squeezed her hand in mine.

"Let's do the right thing and follow our hearts," I choked out. I got up and kneeled in front of her, still holding her hand all the while. "I don't care if you're married. I can't ignore this, and I surely can't control it. I feel pulled to you, like it's a tug-of-war battle and I'm losing. Miserably," I chuckled, but I quickly grew serious again. "Just tell me. Why can't we be together?"

"Because we burn too bright when we are," she said, almost reverently. And then, she told me something that made me want to believe so fucking hard,

"Because you're my twin flame."

I bit my lip.

"And don't you like how that feels?" I asked, tracing my hand over her leg, her thigh. She shivered, trying so hard to resist me.

And that was a battle she was going to lose.

"Please, Ophelia," she whispered, closing her eyes.

"Please what?" I asked her, sliding my hand up further. "You're going to have to be more specific, love."

"It's been so long . . ." she tapered off.

"Why? He doesn't know how to please you?" my hand went up further still, "How to . . . touch you?" now it was up her dress, and I noted that her thighs were coated with arousal. I shuddered uncontrollably.

"N- no," she said helplessly, "not like you do."

"Oh, honey," I soothed, "I haven't even begun."

My hand met with her wet, warm center. Seriously, I could feel it through her panties. I groaned.

"Ready for me, aren't you?" I teased, sliding my finger over the crotch of her underwear. "Just say the word." I continued to trace her center, circling my pointer finger. I could feel her hips tighten around my hand, and it was insanely sexy.

"Ophelia, please," she whined, and I still didn't know what kind of 'please' it was. A 'please stop,' or a 'please go on'?

A 'please fuck me.'

"Let me know what you need. You always take care of me," I said lowly, "When's the last time someone took care of you?" More whimpers, more clenching, which was driving me mad. I bit my lip.

"I need you," I heard her say, and for some reason it sounded familiar to me, although I was sure neither of us had said this before.

"Tell me exactly what it is you need, my dear," I said. I wasn't going to give it to her that easy. Of course I was going to make her work for it, because she'd made me.

"Just you. All I need is you, and nothing more," she pleaded, and now her eyes were open, staring right into mine with unadulterated longing. Just like she looked at me in my dreams.

"Is that so?" I purred, finally reaching into those damp panties. She whimpered in response, and it was the sweetest sound I ever heard.

"Wait," she gasped, and I immediately stopped. "Do you only want me for my body? Is my spirit unlovable?"

I felt bad in an instant, and I got up to put my hand on her cheek.

"Of course not. You have the purest, kindest spirit I know of. You really care, and I've never had that before. I've never had someone look at me and see all of me, see past the boobs and the abs, because despite what they think, beyond this pretty face is a brain that works so hard to try and gain other's approval," I said, and Andrea squeezed the hand she was holding.

"I see so much more in you," Andrea began, "and I wanna help you bring it out. Because the longer it sits unused the more you lose sight of it."

I furrowed my brow in confusion.

"Bring what out?" I inquired. Now she was smiling through those tears, and I began to wipe them away in the same fashion she did to me those ten long days ago. She put her hand around my wrist, assuring that I stayed there, before she said,

"Why, your gift, of course."

I gasped, and for the first time in my life, I believed.

🔮🔮🔮

It was two a.m. and I was thinking about Andrea.

I couldn't sleep. I've been mulling over everything she said, about my 'gift,' and bringing it out. I didn't know if I wanted to do that, exactly, but we'll see how that goes.

I used to see dead people.

Well, I think they were dead people. They were people, that's for sure, and they weren't supposed to be there. I found this out in my early youth. I had to be only six.

I was in the cellar of the old farmhouse, with my mom and her sisters while they were doing laundry. I decided to tag along with her, since I was at the age where I wanted to do what the adults did. And then, I see a man wearing overalls in the corner. Of course, I thought he was actually there, so I asked my mom and aunties,

"Who's that man? In the corner?"

They look, and the instant they see no one there, they start hollering,

"Get that girl out of here!" one yelled, pointing at me accusingly, and I began to grow frightened.

Now keep in mind this was rural Virginia. Places have energy, and since it was the south, people have had a lot of negative experiences with ghosts, or whatever you want to call them. There's a lot of pain here, and hurt people tend to hurt people.

This made me think of Andrea. Actually, everything made me think of Andrea. I couldn't believe she was married, but the proof was in the pudding. Why didn't she tell me? Why didn't I notice the fucking ring? Was I too caught up in her eyes, her tits, her scent, and her gentle touch?

No no no. I hated thinking of her like that. I felt like a perv now. She didn't want that yet, and I had to respect her wishes.

And also, she was FUCKING MARRIED!

I tried not to think about that fact as I drifted to sleep, but I couldn't help thinking of her, and I couldn't keep her out of my dreams, either.