8

<I love this song (Mamamoo - gogobebe) >

*

''Goodbye." Hyerim bowed politely and exited the shop, closing the door behind her.

It was Sunday afternoon and she just finished her shopping spree, which consisted of buying fresh vegetables and fruits from the grocery. It might sound boring, but she liked the small place's warm atmosphere and the few, friendly staff who worked there.

As she started walking towards the bus stop she frowned, suddenly a scary thought of leaving her wallet at the grocery crossing her mind. Still walking, she looked into her tote bag, searching for the purple (yes, maybe childish) item but after two steps, instead of the usual gentle nothingness of air she walked into what felt like a soft brick wall. It didn't made sense, but it was real as not even a minute later she was sent flying to the hard concrete.

Thankfully, she didn't panic and held out her hand to soften the fall so she landed on her butt.

Immediately, the soft brickwall spoke up, its smooth bariton laced with worry caressing Hyerim's ear.
"I'm so, so sorry. Are you okay?"

The girl lifted up her head, brushing her hair out of the way to meet a pair of eyes that she never saw before but was awfully similar at the same time. They were holding the eye contact with warmth.
Her gaze then travelled down to the adorably big nose and plump lips then back up to see locks of unruly brown waves on the head.

Oh. She bumped into none other than Chan, the guy she's been texting. But of course he didn't know that.

The high schooler bowed a few times, trying to hide the blush on her cheeks but not avoiding eye contact in order to not seem rude.
"I'm so sorry, I didn't look where I was going."

"No, it's okay. I wasn't looking either." Chan put on a smile, standing up quickly (he was only crouching already - the fall didn't have a great impact on him) and stretching out a hand. "Here, let me help you."

"Ah, you really don't have to.. I hope your package isn't damaged." Hyerim took the hand and stood up, then gestured to the brown paper box that now laid on the ground, flying out of its owner's hands when the two youngsters crashed.

"Doubt it, it's nothing fragile. I hope you're not injured, though. Is your hand bruised?" The guy pointed to the other's hands, carefully examining them the best he could from the distance.

The younger stretched her hands out, looking at the faint redness that colored her palms. "Oh, it's nothing serious. Again, I'm sorry."

She bowed again, grabbing her tote bag. Chan quickly did the same but instead of a bag, he picked the box up. Along with a faint smile, his eyes scanned over the short, pretty blushing mess, looking at her like she was familiar. He then let his smile grow, bowing one last time.
"Again, sorry. Put some cream on to soothe your plams if it hurts too much."

Hyerim returned both the bow and the smile. "No, I'm sorry. I'll look around more carefully from now on. And thank you for your advice. Bye."

And with that, she turned around and started walking fastly, trying to escape the embarrassing situation. However, as soon as she reached the corner, she hid behind and peeked out, finally being able to shamelessly check out the young guy from afar. He wore something very similar to what he'd worn back at the restaurant - a black hoodie and black jeans with sneakers. The only difference was the cap - or, the lack of it.

She indeed felt like she had hit the jackpot - before it dawned on her that she had been kind of lying to him. She went out of way to get his contact info then texted him on purpose as if she just had the wrong user. Suddenly she felt very guilty.