The Chosen

We all sat in front of the TV waiting for the announcement. It started, girls faces popped up on the TV with their name beside the picture along with an announcer reading out their names in alphabetical order. It was almost over one more girl my luck was holding in I won't be chosen, then my picture appears. My mom shouts and my little sister Angie starts running around the room and dancing, my father just smiles and I just sit there. I, against all odds, have been chosen. I sit and think for a while then my mom snaps back in to it all.

"So do you want to have a party celebrating Silvia."She asks clearly trying to contain her joy.

I don't want to say no because she loves partys and so does my sister, but me and my dad are not to fond of them.

"How about a small party with 10 our 15 of our close friends." I answer.

She smiles and so do I, alright she says let's get to work planing. It takes us 3 days for all the invitations to go out and 2 more for all the RSVPs to return and then 3 more days of setting up. During that time a man came and asked to talke to me about my selection in the Queenceps.

"You are miss Silvia Ross Vale I take"

"I am, are you from the capital?" I ask in return.

"I am and I'm here to discuss what the next few months of your life are going to look like, okay"

"Okay"

"Good, now you will be leaving in 1 week for the capital and your new life" He talked for hours like that until he finally left

"Well than miss Vale I shall see you in a week"

The next day was the party, as I said only 15 of my friends were here and they were of course all talking about me.

"So how dose it feel to be chosen"

"Do you think you'll find true love"

"When do you leave"

"Do you think you have a good chance of winning"

And there were more questions, all I answered as best I could. The party went late in to the night, we talked sang danced and ate. It was a wonderful party.