Going and Arriving

A week later I was dressed in a white blouse and black pants, my hair hung in a loose braid down by back with an aster behind by ear, the symbol of my region. I'm the only one from my region to be chosen for the Queenceps but there are a few other girls waiting for the plane and we are waiting on one more girl.

She arrives, hips swaying, head held high, she walks in like she owns the place. I recognize her as Janine LaRue, a singer/model, prime for this competition.

We board the plane I'm sitting across from a girl named Elizabeth. I decided to at least be friendly to her she seemed shy.

"Hi" I said,"I'm Silvia, you're Elizabeth right."

"Oh, yes I am but most people call me Lizzy for short." She said timidly. She seemed nice but shy and had pretty short blonde hair, it was curly, framing her face adding to the shy and kind look. We talked for a while until we got tired and then I read a book till we got there.

A few hours later we arrived at the palace to a nice smooth landing. We were informed that we would be the last people to arrive. We would be going down an aisle one by one to "meet" the people who would mostly be reporter firing none stop questions.

Three other girls went before me, then it was my turn. I walked out there were tons of people lights flashed and I put on by best smile and walked out waving and smiling. A little girl ran out to me before security could stop her and gave me a rare white aster, I smiled.

"Thank you" I said giving her one of my rare true smiles.

"You're welcome" She said timidly and ran back to her mother. I continued down the aisle smiling and waving, over all making a good impression. I hope.