Chapter 23: The Refreshing Battle in Karuizawa!

Daniel breathed in the fresh air as he sat at a table outside. "I could always help you out you know." He said looking at Haruhi as she was wearing an apron.

"Yeah, but you're not the one who has to work, besides I don't mind. This is nice compared to the Host Club." Haruhi replied as she carried a laundry basket full of sheets.

"I'm surprised I was allowed to stay in the same room as you." Daniel said as he laid his head on his head watching her.

"I don't mind, besides don't you like guys?" She asked making him blush.

"What gave you that idea?" He asked as he looked at her.

She simply shrugged. "Intuition." She simply said before starting to hang the sheets on the clothesline. "Plus you got your own room anyway because of your parents giving Misuzu-chi money to let you stay here."

"Yeah but I liked sleeping over in your room." Daniel said as Haruhi sighed.

"You're lucky you're not any of the others or else I would have a problem." She said to him.

He sighed shaking his head with a chuckle and took out his phone and seeing some texts from Jiro, Riku, and Hikari. Hikari sent him pictures and he was a bit surprised to see he was hanging with Aaron.

Jiro was asking questions in the group chat as well as spamming pictures of stuff he got. He blinked when he saw a familiar cat doll in one of the pictures, but it was pink. 'Is that Nekozawa's cat doll?' Daniel texted.

'Yeah! Umehito gave it to me, and look it's pink like my hair!' Jiro texted with a bunch of heart emoji's.

'You call him by his first name?' Daniel asked now curious on what his friends were doing.

'Yeah, I don't want to say we're together together, but I've been seeing him for a couple of weeks. No biggy :)' Jiro texted like that was nothing.

"Jiro's dating Nekozawa-senpai!?" Daniel exclaimed out loud and Haruhi looked over shocked.

"What? When did that happen?" She asked looking at Daniel for answers.

"Apparently a few weeks ago." Daniel said wondering how he missed that but looking back the others were just as shocked texting Jiro through the group chat.

'Yeah, he invited me to go with him and his family to a vacation, just look at my room!' Jiro texted before before sending pictures of him in a hotel room with two big beds before sending pictures of him with Kirimi and Nekozawa.

'Where are you!?' Riku texted him.

'Hawaii, we're getting room service since Umehito is sun tired, it's like 5 pm here so we're going to eat dinner.' Jiro replied.

'Wear protection.' Was all Yuri replied and Daniel sighed as he texted he's heading offline for now before shutting off his phone.

"They're in Hawaii." Daniel told Haruhi and sighed. He wanted to go to Hawaii, but he still doesn't have a passport, not yet at least.

"That's cool, good for them." Haruhi replied as she had gotten back to putting up bed sheets.

"I like it here, At first I was a little apprehensive about not telling the guys my plans for the summer, but it isn't like they really have the free time to keep tabs on us anyway right? This place is so tranquil. Fresh air, quaint setting. The perfect island get away for a girl to catch up on her studies. It's gonna be great." Haruhi told him smiling as she looked up at the sky.

"I wasn't going to tell them what I was doing, it was nice you letting me come along. The guys probably have stuff they're doing anyway to be dealing with us." Daniel agreed with her sitting back in his seat enjoying the slight breeze. Before that breeze turned wild and a helicopter flew overhead.