Chapter 4

"Thoma, did my brother send a message or inform me of anything?"

"No, miss Kamisato. There is no message coming from Ayato."

"Ayaka is fine. It is just the two of us, no need to be formal. I just worried about him. He never has gone long like this without informing us with anything." Ayaka express her worries.

"Yes, it's been a five days since he left us a note." Thoma sighed. He is uneasy with the head of the clan gone.

"Where are you going?" Ayaka asked her housekeeper.

"I have an errand on Ritou today, I heard there will be a shipment from Liyue today. Hopefully, there will be enough material to sustain people for at least a month or two."

"I see, then I will hope you are doing well" Ayaka gives her farewell.

The pink vixen who heard of his disappearance also felt worried about him as well. 'That rascal what he has done this time.'

She just got out of the Kamisato estate five days ago after Inazuma had continuous rain. She hopes in those five days he will return.

Even when he is gone he still gives her pain in her head.

,
,
,
,

Ayato was exhausted walking through the cold night. He has been intercepted by the group of Fatui. He had eye bags and his face was gloomy. He hasn't slept for several days already. He is already on the right track but what he didn't know is he was into their trap before he could realize it.

The boat that he had prepared in Yashiro Island was burnt down. He has called the Archive several times for help yet there is no answer. Without the greatest tool in his disposal he must find a way to survive alone.

Flashback

" I will tell you everything, please help me" The ronin pleads.

Ayato came out from his hiding place. "Then, tell me what those are and who sends them." He demands.

"Those are delusions, they are stones that act like vision but…they will give a side effect towards the host. All of them were shipped from Fatui to Watatsumi island."

"Fatui" he hissed. From his memory, Fatui is a Snezhnaya organization that is well known for their cunning tactic. He knew that it would be bad if they suddenly appeared in this country.,

"What side effect?"

"It will drain a person's life and health. As a result they will age faster and die as long as he continues to use the delusion."

"Did they cooperate with someone else other than from the Watatsumi forces?"

The ronin taking time before him could answer. "Yes, there is one. He is a higher ups from Shogunate but I couldn't see his face because of the mask that covers his entire face."

"Thank you" Ayato then kicks the ronin face and results in him passing out. He then injects him with a cure for his self made poison.

Ayato knew that it was dangerous to keep him alive but it wouldn't matter if they knew that he would come to them because he would strike first before they could realize.

Unfortunately, that wasn't what really happened after that.

Flashback ends

Ayato eats the grilled meat eagerly that he cooks at the abandoned campfire. It's been two days since he didn't eat anything except for food that he found in the wild. His stomach was empty like an empty can as all he can say.