chapter 5

"What happened yesterday?" Ayato groaned. His body feels refreshed and he could feel his body adapt with his new found power. The sun is still not show up but there is a bit of traces of sunlight in the sky.

He turned to his side, a girl was sleeping beautifully beside him. Not to mention she is the head shrine maiden, Guuji Yae. She also awakens from his groaning and she locks eyes on him.

"Huh"

"Eh"

"Eh"

"Eeehhhh"

"I wonder, Why in the world are you here with me? Don't tell me the vixen that I brought home days ago was you." Ayato pedaled a boat with both of his hands.

Guuji Yae refused to face him, she answered by nodding her head.

"Why are you following me home?" 

"It is not my fault you're the one who brought me to remember since you met me at the ruin. I tried to resist you as much as I could."

"Oh so it is my fault, then why didn't you transform right away."

"So you do want to look at my body how pervert are you"

"But in the end you get your freedom to see mine. I wonder why in the world this vixen got stoned when she looked at me in the bathroom."

Yae turned at him with full embarrassment on her face. She couldn't hide her expression anymore. Ayato smirks victoriously as he finally defeats his sworn nemesis.

"Why you! This rascal…" she scowled at his smirking face. She realized he had been toying with her.

"Oh, it has been a while I didn't feel like being a victor for a long time against you. I wonder why you searched me?" He became calm and asked her the question that he wanted to ask from the beginning.

"You are the Head of the Yashiro Commission and a member of the Kamisato clan, having the responsibility to sustain the peace in Inazuma. Suddenly, you were gone and your sister was worried about you. Perhaps, she has made her own crusade against God."

Ayato heard her mutter something about a person named Ei after that.

"Why are you using the pedal? you can get to meet your sister faster if you use your power."

"Oh" only responds to him.

Ayato was dumbfounded. He can manipulate the water but he didn't realize it was useful to use in his situation.

The boat begins moving at full speed as Ayato uses his Hydro power to order the ocean to push the boat. This power was quite a handful. He wonders what he can do with this power. Maybe creating a sword and arrow out of nowhere.

"Who is Kallen Kaslana?" Yae asked him.

"Where did you hear those names?" Ayato became resilient towards her. She probably thought she was using her power to read his memory after witnessing how he's wielding the Hydro elements.

"I heard that name when you were sleep. it looks like she was dear to you." She states mechanically knowing that he has imagined wicked things that she had done to him. After all, it isn't new to her.

"I see, she was a friend of mine from afar that inspired me. She was a dear friend to me once but she died."

"Why"

"She was framed and got killed for betraying the organization she works for." Ayato was disheartened but he was glad that he saves her in the end.

"I'm sorry for asking, it must hurt for you to remember those things again." Yae felt uncomfortable hearing it so she added. "I also have lost someone dear to me before. Probably, you may not know her."