Favor

"So, i talked to my mother today"
"Oh yea" i reply
" She asked about you, wondering when she gon' see us"
Augs mother lives in florida which is 6 hours away from us driving distance. Sheila considers me the daughter she never had , and I love that , but there was a time when she didn't like me at all , it was the age difference between aug and i .... I'm 24 and aug is about to tun 30 in september, we started dating when i was 19 when i got my first grammy we were seated right next to each other ,and neither of us had dates. I snap out of my thoughts to put my attention back to august.
"Do you want to plan a trip"
"So you want to go" aug says
"Yea i think it'll be good " i say
"Well ight, ill call Dylan in the morning"
"Oh damn that reminds me , he sent me a email saying he's going on vacation in two days so he wont be able to fly us"
August ran his hand over his face
" Damn ma, i wish you would've told me that sooner"
"Yea I'm sorry it slipped my mind...we can just go in the morning,if its not too much... I can start packing now" after pausing for a long time i put the cup in the dish washer
"ight thats cool"
I walk pass August heading to our bedroom when i realized i forgot to ask him a very important question. Thats been on my mind lately
"Aug?"
"Yea ma'" aug replied turning around to look at me... I wasn't expecting him to look me dead in my eyes...it sent chills down my spine.
"Uhhh"
I stammered.. i lost my train of thought"
"Uhhh how long are we staying"
" Who the hell knows ahaha my mom might try to keep us hostage"
"Aahahaah yea your right ... ill just pack my whole closet then"
"Bawawahha" aug laughed loudly
That was the first time i heard august laugh...even crack a joke since he learned about my secret...it was nice hearing his laugh. the thought made me smile.