Part 6

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, names, businesses, places & events in this book is the work of the authors imagination. Any resemblance to names, businesses, places & events are purely coincidental.

Katherine's POV

After 4 years...

I opened the door to my apartment and walk inside it. I've been smiling like a lunatic since this morning.

Blue Diamond Incorporated. Yeah, that's where I'll be working. One of the biggest Jewelry Company in the state.

I can't believe it. I got the job!

I thought I wouldn't get the position cause there are other applicants who are better than me. They are more experienced and have better portfolio than me.

But I got in. I GOT THE FUCKING JOB.

"Mom, you won't believe what just happened.", I say and close the door behind me.

My eyes searched for Mom. I turned towards our living room and my feet halted to a stop.

This is supposed to be a good day.

I just got my first job. And it pays really well considering I'm a fresh graduate from an unknown University.

But the sight in front of me wipes the smile off my face. Anger creeps within me. My face turned dark as I walk closer to the man sitting on our couch.

The only couch we have inside the apartment.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!", I ask between gritted teeth before grabbing his collar, pulling him from the couch.

He didn't answer. Fuck, he didn't even flinched! He just looks at me.

"Katherine.", Mom says who just went out of the kitchen and rushed towards us.

She stands between us and tries to separate us. But I'm to mad to let go of this ahole.

"Mom! What is he doing here?!", I yelled. My face turn red as I try to contain my anger.

"He has nowhere to go.", She says as if that would answer my question.

What do I care if he has nowhere else to go? That's not my problem.

I scoff. "Yeah, right. Now, he has nowhere to go. After 4 fucking years, he chose this day to suddenly appear. Just great. You're really good at chosing the right moment to ruin things. Huh?"

I let out a fake dark laugh.

"Just like how you ruined my eighteenth birthday."

I face him but he just look down at me.

"Katherine!", Mom tries to pull me away from him but I my grip only tightened.

"Need more money? Is that why you're here? Do you need another twenty thousand fucking dollars?! Answer me, Wilton!"

"Katherine! Stop it!", Mom yells, warning. I look at her hastily.

I can't believe she's stopping me. I can't believe she's taking his side. She knows I hate him.

"What, Mom? Are you taking his side now?! I suffered because of this bastard!"

"Mom, I'll just go. I think I'm not welcome here.", Wilton says to Mom.

I laugh hysterically.

Come on. Look at this bastard. Now, I'm the bad person?

"Oh, you bet you are. After what you've done? You think I'll welcome you with open arms?"