Part 2

Mr. Smith.

Yeah. That's the name that will haunt me for the rest of my life.

I don't want to die. So if I want to pay my brother's debt, then I should swallow my pride and do everything to please this man.

The rule in this auction is that you'll only get one chance to bid for a girl. If you already have your prize, you can't participate in the other prizes. Yeah, that 'prize' is us.

I look at the man who's sitting across from me. He's still giving me those empty stares. But I can't deny that those green eyes are the most mesmerizing eyes I've ever seen. Compared to my dull black eyes, it's gorgeous.

Even if they don't show anything and they look like they're just staring blankly.

I was dragged to an office backstage after the bidding. It was a small black and red room with a table and two chairs in front of it. There are also two guards standing by the door.

"You'll receive your money tomorrow. When Mr. Smith drives you here."

I look at the fat woman who assisted us earlier. She's writing down something in what looks like an old notebook.

Okayyy? Why tomorrow though?

I was not able to ask questions cause Mr. Smith already stood up. I have no choice but to follow him.

I'm not a talkative person. I only talk when I'm asked and only ask if I need to.

Even though I have so many questions right now, I don't think this man is going to answer any of those. I haven't heard him say anything since earlier.

He's tall. Around 5'9 foot maybe? Unlike me who's inches below his shoulder.

I looked away when he glanced at me. He's still wearing that mask from before.

He looks at the hallway and I breathed out. I don't know if I should be thanking him for not saying anything. The silence was all I need.

It took us five minutes to get to the gate. I think this is not the gate where we entered earlier. A black car is already waiting for us.

Mr. Smith enters the car but the guards put cuffs on me once again and blindfold me.

Great.

I was silent the whole trip. He was also not saying a word.

The only thing I could hear besides the car's engine is my thumping heart. It's beating so hard. Thinking of what's going to happen next is already making me anxious. I just want to get this done with.

The car finally came to a stop. I felt Mr. Smith move and went off the car.

My side of the door opened and someone helped me climb out of the car.

"Come.", She said with a soft voice.

It's a woman. She's holding me gently. We walk a couple more minutes until she stops, and so I stop too. I then felt a different hand on me.

It's a man's hand, that's for sure. He didn't say a thing but he pulls me and takes the blindfold off me.

It's Mr. Smith.

He closed the door behind me. I look at the closed doors. It's already locked.

I swallow hard. Hard it felt like I'm swallowing a stone.

He motioned to the bed and I blankly followed his command.

He looks at me as I sit down on the bed, still not saying anything. I gripped the hem of my dress. Careful not to let him see anything under the thin clothes.