Part 5

Mr. Smith's POV

Boyle.

Katherine Boyle.

That's what Vincent said when I ask him for her full name. Yeah, I got scolded by him but that doesn't matter.

Not that I care. I just need to know her full name.

I need to know the full name of the girl staying in my guest room. And I want to know more.

Vincent said it was impossible. That he was lucky he got her last name. Or more of he didn't even try before so he also doesn't know. But how would I know if I never tried?

We went to the auction place the next morning.

She's been staring at me since we got here. I'm wondering what's going on in that little head of hers.

I gave them money. Now, she can pay off her debts with that. She should be happy.

But why is she looking at me that way?

Are you mad at me?

Yeah. You should be mad. I took your virginity and paid for it.

I'm an asshole. I know. I shouldn't have done that. It's not my plan after all.

I just can't stop myself when I look at you. I want to touch you... Kiss you... Do unimaginable things to you...

This is so fucked up.

I stand up and walk towards the entrance door. I should leave now. I can't stay here any longer. I'm so ashamed of myself.

I want to know her more. But I know that's not the right thing to do.

And I'm sure this will pass. That I'll forget all my carnal desire and lust for her.

But... I want to take... Just one more look.

Just one more glance at that ninth girl.

So, I look back at her.

My feet halted and my eyes got glued to her.

I saw tears starting to trickle down her face as her eyes pierce through me... And her lips slowly curved into a smile before she vanished, exiting to that door.

I fisted my hands. This won't work. This just won't work.

I look at the woman sitting at the table, staring at me and giving me a creepy smile. It's as if she already knew what I was thinking.

"Damn it.", I utter.

I walk towards her.

"I want her profile."

Vincent told me they won't give it. Considering all the rules they placed, I'm sure they won't give me anything. But there's no harm in trying.

She clasps her hand in front of her.

"You're playing a dangerous game, Mr. Smith."

"I don't care."

"We have rules here."

"I. Don't. Fucking. Care.", I say between gritted teeth.

"We are not to give personal information either from our customers or from our girls..."

I exhaled loudly and run my hands thru my hair in frustration.

"At least, not for free.", She shrugs.

I look at her. "What do you mean?"

"Nothing is free in this world, Mr. Smith.", She says and winks at me.

Ah. That's how it is. This place is all about money.

"How much information are you willing to give?", I ask and her smile grew wider.

"How much are you willing to pay?"

I smirk. "Give me all information you have in her."

Katherine's POV

I'm home.

Home.

I've been away for only 48 hours but it felt like ages. The loan sharks took the money from us earlier and went off.

I look at Mom who's still bawling her eyes out. I hug her.

"Hey, Mom. It's okay. Everything's fine.", I hushed her.

"No. This is not fine. What happened to you is...", She hold her mouth with both her hands and cry louder.

I tighten my embrace with her, my tears starting to fall.

"But I'm back in one piece. We paid our debts and I'm... I'm okay."

Am I saying it to her? Or am I trying to convince myself?

Am I okay?

She holds my face. "Tell me. Did he hurt you?"

I immediately shake my head. "No. He... Actually took care of me. He even bought me this dress."

Mom wipes off the tears on her cheeks.

"That's not enough reason to forgive him. He... Took your... Oh, My poor child.", She cries and I ran my hands back and forth on her back.

"Mom... I asked for money, and money is what I get. If there's someone we should blame, it should be Wilton. He dragged us into this situation."

I clasp my hands with her hands inside mine.

"We're going to move out of here. And I'm going to a University as a scholar. After that, I'm going to work for a big company. Then this will all be in the past."

I gave her a small smile.

"But... How are we going to move out? We don't have money."

"I still have some money left on me. So..."

"Oh, honey.", Her tears started to show again.

"So pack up your things, Mom.", I say, wiping my tears. "Though you don't have much to pack.", I joked, looking at our empty house.

She gave me a smile between her tears and help me pack our things afterward.

I don't know where to go. But I know we can go far away with this money. I just don't know if it will last for a year or two. We still have to figure it out.

Everything will be okay. I... Will be okay.

I have to be strong. Not just for myself, but also for Mom. This would be the last time we'll pay for Wilton's debt.

From now on, I no longer have a brother. He could fucking do whatever he wants. I don't give a damn. As long as he keeps his distance from us.

After packing our things, we moved out of the house.

I hope...

I hope I could wake up someday with no memories of what Wilton did.

With no memories of those shark loans...

With no memories of that night...

With no memories of him...

But fate surely does have a trick under its sleeves. Those green eyes that I have tried to avoid so badly... Always find its way back to me.

----

Note: Next chapter would have a huge time leap.