Chapter 6: An Almost Date

It only took the twins a few weeks to figure out who the other was, but they agreed not to tell anyone. They both loved the families they were in. They knew that if they said something, Michela would go live with Octavius and his family or Casi would go live with Jedediah.

It was nice to have the other back in their lives again.

While they reunited, Jedediah and Octavius were growing close. The last year was one of the best of their lives. It wasn't uncommon for one to be at the others place.

One night, it was just the two of them. Their kids were at the movies. The older two sat in Octavius' living room, watching cat videos.

Jed's eyes were glued to the tv, laughing. Oct spent more time looking at Jed then he did watching the videos. He took in every detail of the blond's face, unaware that his cheeks were reddening.

Octavius blinked and looked to the tv, a realization dawning on him. Was he really ready to move on from Julie?

"Everythin' okay, Oct?"

Octavius nodded. "Everything's fine. Why do you ask?"

"Yer red an' ya haven't laughed at the videos for a while. Ya always laugh."

"I was simply thinking."

"'Bout?"

"That I'm getting hungry," Octavius lied. "Would you like to go out for food?"

Jed grinned. "Hell yeah!"

Octavius chuckled and turned off the tv. "I'll text Harry to let him know we might not be home when they return."

Jed nodded, hopping up. He grabbed his hat and put on his shoes. "Who's drivin'?"

"I will."

"Sounds like a plan. Ya can pick. I don't care what we eat." Jed wanted to add, 'cause yer there with me,' but he didn't.

Jed knew that he liked Octavius, had for a while. The Italian man was too amazing not to fall for. Sometimes, he likes to think that their one on one time were dates. He knew it wasn't going to happen, but it was a nice thought.

They got into Oct's van. Jed turned on the radio, flipping through the stations. He settled on the classical station. He wasn't a fan, but he knew Octavius loved it, so he didn't mind listening to it for Octavius.

"You can turn on country."

"But ya don't like it."

"And you don't like classical. I don't mind country when you sing along."

Jed blushed lightly. "It's fine. We can listen to country on the way to yer place 'fter eatin'."

"That seems like a good idea."

==Time Skippy Skip==

The best friends were seated. Octavius took Jedediah to his favorite Italian restaurant, a place Jed's never been. He insisted on paying for Jed.

"What do ya suggest?"

"The chicken Alfredo is good. I like the basil pesto linguine, but I don't think you would."

"Don't like basil."

"I know."

Jed chuckled and looked over the menu. "It all looks good."

"It is."

==Time Skippy Skip==

The food was amazing. Neither were ready to go back to Oct's place, knowing that Jed and Michela would be leaving when they arrived. Octavius suggested to go to a park, to which Jed agreed.

They walked around, their hands brushing against each other. Neither noticed when Jed grabbed hold of Oct's hand.

"Mom finally left."

"That's good to hear. I don't see why you didn't call the police on her."

"It didn't cross my mind. I don't wanna bother them with somethin' so small anyway."

"She was trespassing on your property as you asked her many times to leave and she wouldn't."

Jed hummed. "I 'pose."

Octavius smiled warmly. "Has she stayed this long?"

"No. Usually she'll stay for a week, but not a year. It was gettin' annoyin'."

"I agree."

Jed shrugged and looked down. He noticed their intertwined hands. His eyes went wide and his cheeks reddened. "I'm glad yer here with me."

"You are?"

Jed nodded. "I can't think of anyone else I want to be with right now."

Octavius blushed. "I feel the same about you."

Jed grinned widely. "I'm glad."