Chapter 1

Noah Riley and his older sister, Veronica for all intents and purposes needed a fresh start so moving to the small town in Virginia because it made sense to. They both needed a fresh start. Veronica wanted the fresh start a little bit more than Noah did. Noah had a hard life and they moved from city to city, state to state as the years went by, and Vernoica had hoped that maybe Noah could find happiness somewhere. Veronica knew they would have to eventually move away again to keep their secret of what they were, but Noah had never bothered to get to know anyone. It was as if time was just passing time and he was just there with no purpose. Veronica had dark brown, curly hair and light blue eyes.

As they started to unpack their things in the living room, Veronica noticed how quiet Noah was.

"Are you okay?" Veronica asked and raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah," Noah answered. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"You're quiet and school starts in an hour, you need to stop unpacking and leave, I can finish this on room by myself." Veronica laughed.

"Why do I bother going to school?"

"You know why so go," Veronica responded and shooed him away. "Have a good day, okay?"

"Fine," Noah sighed in defeat. "I'll go." Noah laughed and hugged Veronica.

"Bye now." Veronica responded as she hugged him back.

In the small town, Covington in the state of Virginia is a peaceful small town where nothing really bad ever happens. Katherine Becker and her best friend, Ashley Bailey walked down in the halls from drama club and headed towards their lockers. It was the first day of their senior year in Covington High. Katherine was a little bit taller than Ashley. Katherine had dark brown eyes and she had light olive skin and she had long, curly dark brown hair. Ashley was blond with light tan skin, and she had dark blue eyes and naturally wavy hair.

"Did you hear that there is a new kid moving into town and he's going to his school?" Ashely asked as she smiled.

"Didn't he move here this past summer?" Katherine asked as they both opened their locks.

"I think so," Ashley giggled. "I bet he is really cute."

"There you go, thinkin' with your heart again because you are boy crazy." Katherine laughed softly and shook her head.

"I am not boy crazy." Ashley denied, letting out a soft giggle.

"Oh really?" Katherine asked sarcastically and crossed her arms.

"Nope." Ashley answered popping the p.

"I will be so upset if the new guy isn't hot though." Ashley responded.